The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

10's Finally

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD_Launch

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 12, 2006
Spokane, Washington
Its so great to finally run what the car is capable of, I should be updating the mod list soon bit if not I'll give a small preview..... 2.4L FP 3065 (29-30PSI), DSMLINK with amazing tune, meth injection, 50/50 pump/race gas , 1000cc injectors, FPx4 cams, built IPT auto tranny, yada yada. Anyways so the first pass I get about 10PSI off the line with being nervous as can be and launch thinking the car is really slow, hit second and still damn slow look over the gauges and realize no meth so it was running 16PSI, flip the switch and boom 29-30PSI so the first run was a 11.8@128 with a shitty 60'. Next run I turn the meth on and leave it on, no burn out but sit on the line to build boost with the auto (takes forever given the RT about 3 seconds to build 12PSI) get out fo the hole decent, 1.75 60' and does 10.6@130 best time of the night and best MPH, next I have the guy Trevor who helped me build the car ride with me to double check the gauges the whole way. 11.8A/F, decent timing, and about 29-30PSI it was moving back and fourth with open DP, still managed a 10.7@128 with a 250lb rider. I'm so excited I'm still shaking from the passes. Just had to share the great experience with everyone. P.S. had to put about $800 in it and about 20 hrs worth of labor just in this last week but it was worth the runs. I was hoping for a 10.99999999999@125. With a better 60' and just 1-2PSI more I see a 10.4ish car that is 100% street driven. Tire pressure was at 20lbs in the front and 22 in the back but they were spinning a little on the 10 second runs. Maybe lower the tire pressure or do a burnout to help the 60' who knows. Nitto DR's 555 on 16 rims.

Its so great to finally run what the car is capable of, I should be updating the mod list soon bit if not I'll give a small preview..... 2.4L FP 3065 (29-30PSI), DSMLINK with amazing tune, meth injection, 50/50 pump/race gas , 1000cc injectors, FPx4 cams, built IPT auto tranny, yada yada. Anyways so the first pass I get about 10PSI off the line with being nervous as can be and launch thinking the car is really slow, hit second and still damn slow look over the gauges and realize no meth so it was running 16PSI, flip the switch and boom 29-30PSI so the first run was a 11.8@128 with a shitty 60'. Next run I turn the meth on and leave it on, no burn out but sit on the line to build boost with the auto (takes forever given the RT about 3 seconds to build 12PSI) get out fo the hole decent, 1.75 60' and does 10.6@130 best time of the night and best MPH, next I have the guy Trevor who helped me build the car ride with me to double check the gauges the whole way. 11.8A/F, decent timing, and about 29-30PSI it was moving back and fourth with open DP, still managed a 10.7@128 with a 250lb rider. I'm so excited I'm still shaking from the passes. Just had to share the great experience with everyone. P.S. had to put about $800 in it and about 20 hrs worth of labor just in this last week but it was worth the runs. I was hoping for a 10.99999999999@125. With a better 60' and just 1-2PSI more I see a 10.4ish car that is 100% street driven. Tire pressure was at 20lbs in the front and 22 in the back but they were spinning a little on the 10 second runs. Maybe lower the tire pressure or do a burnout to help the 60' who knows. Nitto DR's 555 on 16 rims.

I was there and got to see ya run that thing its a beast!!! Major Kudos!!!!

I talk to you earler before the races. But I was helping four other people tune there cars and didn't get to tell you major congrats!!!

Are you going out next week?

Congrats!!!
Pretty impressive.
I hope to be there by the end of the week.

Congrats!! I'm the guy Trevor called last night down here in TX that has the fp3052. After hearing what you ran I cant wait to get to the track.

congrats on dipping into the 10's. Do you have video on the runs?

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=42840277">Travis Clemons 10.79 @ 128</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=42840277,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=42840277,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

Lets see if that works. Sorry it was dark, and the friends camera is like 3 years old which means it is old as hell. This was the run with Trevor and I in the car so it wasn't the 10.65 run but still good enough.

That was one of the better reaction times because of how long it takes to brake boost the car. About 5 seconds if you watch the video, I start brake boosting around 30 seconds and it takes till around 35 to get 12PSI. Earlier that night I had 3 second R/T's and people were like WTF is he doing then it would launch and people were like OMG. The first run I made I forgot to switch on the meth till half track and the announcer guy thought I was spraying nitrous ROFL . Its a fun car and runs good but people want me to run quicker but I'm happy and don't want to run a huge cage in it. The [email protected] was with a slow 1.75 60' too so with a nice 1.55 60' like it should cut and a little higher trap with 3-5 more PSI it could cut 9.99's but I'd rather just give people rides in it and run 10.70's Oh and the video was with a 250lb rider who helped me build the car, well "maintain" the car with all the problems it was having.

I was there and got to see ya run that thing its a beast!!! Major Kudos!!!!

I talk to you earler before the races. But I was helping four other people tune there cars and didn't get to tell you major congrats!!!

Are you going out next week?

Well don't be affraid to come visit again and make sure you tell me your name so I can put two and two together. Maybe I can find another helmet and give you a ride in it for fun. Also if possible, see if you can have a friend or someone video tape some runs for me. I would aprreciate it, thanks. And I know I'm going to get huge shit for this but the runs in the car are with no tach and just guess shifting too, the MSD took a dump on me so we did a quick splice job for the stock ignition and the tach didn't work. I'm hoping to get another MSD or find a way to rewire the stock ignition and tach, problem is that it is a stupid 1990 :beatentodeath:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back