The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

-10AN SS Oil Drain Hose Length?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fubar231

Probationary Member
Mar 11, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
So i ordered the kit from extremepsi for there feed and drain, and the feed came all put together, but the drain isn't. The -10AN Hose they gave me is like 12-14" long and i know thats WAY more than i need for the drain from the bottom of a 16g (Factory manifold) to the oil pan.

Cliffs: How long does the -10AN line need to be to go from the turbo to the pan? It has one straight -10AN piece and one 90degree -10AN piece.

Heres the exact kit i ordered. EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts

Also heres an image of what im TRYING to make, but i need the hose length.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I figured i need around a 4" hose from looking at that picture, but would like to know for sure before i start cuttings things.

Thanks,
Shane

So i ordered the kit from extremepsi for there feed and drain, and the feed came all put together, but the drain isn't. The -10AN Hose they gave me is like 12-14" long and i know thats WAY more than i need for the drain from the bottom of a 16g (Factory manifold) to the oil pan.

Cliffs: How long does the -10AN line need to be to go from the turbo to the pan? It has one straight -10AN piece and one 90degree -10AN piece.

Heres the exact kit i ordered. EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts

Also heres an image of what im TRYING to make, but i need the hose length.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I figured i need around a 4" hose from looking at that picture, but would like to know for sure before i start cuttings things.

Thanks,
Shane

This is something you'll have to use trial and error to figure out to get the line not to kink. What may work on one car may not work on yours. Bolt up the flange to your oil pan and bolt up the fitting to your turbo and put the AN fittings on each and eyball the amount of hose you'll need, err on the heavy side (you can't add hose back once you've cut it), mark it and make a cut. Assemble the hose and mount it and see if everything is kosher, if not, pull it apart and shorten it.

Yeah thats kind of what i was going to do, i just wasnt sure if i could find measurements on here first.

What I was going to do is put the adapter/an fittings on the turbo w/ the hose already installed onto that fittings, and putting the adapter/an fitting on the pan, and then going from there.

Question, when installing the line, i need to put a gasket on the oil pan and one on the turbo right? I ordered 2 oem gaskets with the kit just to make sure, and got the oem gaskets for the 2 bolts that hold the fittings/lines onto the pan. And the gaskets/washers that go onto the bolts for the oil pan, would it go Oil Pan --> Gasket --> AN Adapter --> AN Fitting --> Gaskets for Bolts then the bolts in? Does that make sense? What i mean is do the gasket/washers for the 2 bolts that go into the oil pan, do the gaskets go on the outside of the an adapter? Just bascially slide the gasket/washer over the bolt when i install it?

I just want to make sure i have everything right before i start taking crap apart.

Yeah thats kind of what i was going to do, i just wasnt sure if i could find measurements on here first.

What I was going to do is put the adapter/an fittings on the turbo w/ the hose already installed onto that fittings, and putting the adapter/an fitting on the pan, and then going from there.

Question, when installing the line, i need to put a gasket on the oil pan and one on the turbo right? I ordered 2 oem gaskets with the kit just to make sure, and got the oem gaskets for the 2 bolts that hold the fittings/lines onto the pan. And the gaskets/washers that go onto the bolts for the oil pan, would it go Oil Pan --> Gasket --> AN Adapter --> AN Fitting --> Gaskets for Bolts then the bolts in? Does that make sense? What i mean is do the gasket/washers for the 2 bolts that go into the oil pan, do the gaskets go on the outside of the an adapter? Just bascially slide the gasket/washer over the bolt when i install it?

I just want to make sure i have everything right before i start taking crap apart.

Either way you slice it, just so you get the length of hose correct without kinks.

You will need gaskets on both ends with a smear of black or orange RTV. The gaskets will be sandwiched between the adapter and oil pan, or adapter and turbo.

I grabbed some RTV Black i believe (The oil resistant kind) for this. I was going to put a little line of RTV around the gasket between the gasket and pan. Seems like i should put a little dab on the bolts that go into the pan too just incase.

Now I just need to figure out why the Oil Filter part #'s are wrong at Napa. Picked up a "Gold" Oil Filter (There best kind, made by WiX) and the #'s the dude gave me for the filter are WAY off. Its some HUGE filter, going to have to take it back and get one that actually fits LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back