The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

10A Tailight Fuse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zufelt

Proven Member
Oct 15, 2012
Lemoore, California
Whatdup guys! I decided yesterday to take out my Amp, take out the tail lights to fit my bumper and gut my car. I took out ALL wiring associated with the amp. I put a 15A fuse inside turn the lights on for the dash and tail lights and it pops almost instantly. So I figure okay, pull the taillights out and found two wires smashed together. Took those apart, stripped and put back but it's still blowing fuses. So I figure alright ill take off all connections to the tail lights and take the radio out to eliminate those, still pops. This would mean that SOMEWHERE along the line I have a wire that is to the tail lights touching metal somewhere right? I read Justin's thread about finding shorts and eliminated radio and tail lights plugs.. Any thoughts? Just trying to make sure that it has to be a wire touching metal since the connections aren't plugged in.

Just went through and can't find anything.. Can't stand wiring! Any suggestions before I take it to the shop tomorrow? It's my DD and I can't afford to have it down another night

Thanks for the link, I actually looked through that. I just wanted to clarify that since the sockets for the tail lights are unplugged as well as the radio that that eliminates those narrowing it down to one of those wires touching metal and not a socket shorting out.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I got the fuse to stop popping, but the actual speedometer lights won't illuminate, just the light around it.. Is there a fuse other than the tail light one that I can replace?

Just checked all fuses, relays and dimmer switch.. Is there a certain wire that runs the lights in the back?

Bulbs all checked out as well..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back