The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1000cc for a daily ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jjstyle

Proven Member
Jan 24, 2013
Centralia, Missouri
Still finishing up some things on the 6 bolt swap and rebuild, but my injectors tested bad and may be acquiring a 20g this week so figured its the perfect opportunity to "overbuild". Curious if I went with 1000's (tuned obviously) if it will effect drivability any for normal driving? any downsides?. My power goals are 350-400 eventually

If you have a tuning device like like or a stand alone they will work and be fine. If you have an SAFC that wont work. How are you gonna tune for them? I dont see anything in your profile for mods.

You shouldn't have any issues so long you properly compensate for them. What are you tuning with?

I have a flashable ecu...a local guy on the forums is going to help me on the first tune with ceddy.

I run 720's tuned on ecuflash myself and the car runs and idles perfect. As long as you scale them correctly an get the latencys right you shouldn't have an issue.

I thnk you'll be fine. I have a MHI big 16g with 268 S1 cams and 880cc injectors and i have no problem. I drive my car to school and work everyday.

youre going to want to go with engine management vs. a piggyback.

i recommend DSMLink. if your ecu is already eprom then youre ready for the chip to be soldered right in. It is 500$ for the full version or 350$ for the lite and maybe 30$ to have ti soldered in professionally.

personal experience I wouldnt go over 750s with any kind of piggyback tuning program, its jusst going to be too sketchy dialing them in. go with dsmlink and youll thank me later. there are zero cons and too many pros to count.. 1 being your injectors are so well controlled youd never see any weird idle.

also with a piggy back youre looking at extra money for a logging program and after its all said and done youve spent nearly as much money as buying DSMlink which comes included with a great logging capability. plus with link you can tune your OWN car not put your motor in the hands of someone else.

/endrant

sorry i effing love dsmlink.

personal experience I wouldnt go over 750s with any kind of piggyback tuning program, its jusst going to be too sketchy dialing them in. go with dsmlink and youll thank me later. there are zero cons and too many pros to count.. 1 being your injectors are so well controlled youd never see any weird idle.

Coming from MY experience. I'd just recommend getting the largest injector that suits your needs.

Anyone that has a good Idea what they are doing shouldn't have an Issue getting ANY Issues getting them running just fine.

My car runs the same regardless what is controlling things be it a custom Chip of mine, Ecmlink or Flashable Ecu. It's just a matter of getting things set correctly.

The majority of issues I see people having are with BM 1450+ cc Injectors or 1600's and aside from the issues that come with the latter. The BM's 1550-1850 injectors are overkill for most people as it is. But most the problems I see people having with the can be attributed to some issue with the car or setting things up wrong and not the Injectors themselves. Obviously with a low injectors rs the larger they are the more deadtime that is required. There are as well of course some attributes that just come with that style of injector. But nothing to drastic or anything that someone that actually needs that size of injector isn't going to be willing to deal with(mainly just the response time).

But there is no reason will anyone that has a good understanding of how to "properly" set things Can't for any manner at least a 850-1350cc low z injector or any Hi z for that matter.

Also This is just a pet peeve of mine but there is a big difference between "Dsmlink" and ECMLink V3.

To the OP

I'd recommend Picking up a set of FIC 1050 or 1150cc injectors so you have a bit of breathing room if you want to be able to Run E85 and get your goal easier. You won't have any issues with them running a H8 Ecu Keep in mind though that the Injector deadtimes may end up being a bit lower then the "norm" here as they have better Injector drivers then the older Eprom Ecu's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back