The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

100$

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMDriver69

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 18, 2009
Overland Park, Kansas
ok so my family gives out $20 bills down town every year for xmas, and i think its good, but today i gave a begger $100 even though i asked him what he would spend it on (booze). is that ok to spend my money on, is this ok

i knw he gonna use it to get drunk, but its xmas time and i dont blame him

i see him every day on my ride to work

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't this be in the hang-out area? LOL! I wouldn't have given it to him if you knew he was going to spend it on alcohol, why not just take that 100 bucks and each day on your work stop by BK and bring him a burger or something?

yea no bueno...for all you know he said it was for alchohal and now hes shooting up heroin. Would have been better to give it to charity for kids with cancer or what ever. Maybe slipped the man a 5 but a Benjamin thats just crazzy to me. I see where u coming from trying to do a good deed though...

Last edited:
Shouldn't this be in the hang-out area? LOL! I wouldn't have given it to him if you knew he was going to spend it on alcohol, why not just take that 100 bucks and each day on your work stop by BK and bring him a burger or something?

i know man, i just felt so bad, because i see him every day. i think next time i see him i can send him to a rehab or what ever.

yea no bueno...for all you know he said it was for alchohal and now hes shooting up heroin. Would have been better to give it to charity for kids with cancer or what ever. Maybe slipped the man a 5 but a Benjamin thats just crazzy to me. I see where u coming from trying to do a good deed though...

yea i just see the guy and think about how would i feel if i saw a 4g63 drive buy and not give me shit. I mean i have money and im not hurting at all, i just feel bad for these guys. Even though the money is goin to their drug of choice

Instead of cash, just stop by and give him food like someone already mentioned. In my experience, homeless people will not turn down food...

Alot of people have turned to this as a fulltime job btw

I had a guy ask me for 5 bucks for food, I told him I only had my debit card so I would get him some Micky D's. He said no it makes me have diarrhea, I said we how about taco Cabana or burger king? he said the make my stomach ache. Then he says " well they have a nice food place in a alley behind that food store if you want me to buy me food" at that point I said hold on let me get my car, too bad AWD's don't screetch because I launched that MFer and got the hell out of dodge.

Wow that's crazy! I don't see how that bum was trying to be picking when you were trying so hard to help him out! If i was homeless i would eat something that gives me diarrhea in a heartbeat if it meant i wouldn't b hungry for alittle. I am sure he was going to use the money for something else but o well you tried and that's all the matters.

#### bums.. Dont feel bad for them.. They are to lazy or have done things you cant even imagine to be in that situation.. I would never give away my hard earned money to someone begging on the streets.. I see this college kid in my city begging for money and I know for a fact the kid is fine. He goes out on rainy days or on cold cloudy days to feast on all the moms that feel bad for him when he is using them.. Dont even look at him when you drive by anymore... I know kansas is probably a better place than michigan considering we have 2 of the top 10 citys for murder in the country but you will get used to it.. I would way rather spend that 100 bucks on a full tank of premium, a synthetic oil change, and taking my girl out to eat...

Yeah, most of these guys are aPICKY... If you give them change, that contains loose coins, they will throw the pennies, even the nickles OUT... I feel bad, but common..

I had a guy ask me for 5 bucks for food, I told him I only had my debit card so I would get him some Micky D's. He said no it makes me have diarrhea, I said we how about taco Cabana or burger king? he said the make my stomach ache. Then he says " well they have a nice food place in a alley behind that food store if you want me to buy me food" at that point I said hold on let me get my car, too bad AWD's don't screetch because I launched that MFer and got the hell out of dodge.

haha i dont know why but this really made me laugh.. i would have done the same thing.:thumb:

#### bums.. Dont feel bad for them.. They are to lazy or have done things you cant even imagine to be in that situation.. I would never give away my hard earned money to someone begging on the streets.. I see this college kid in my city begging for money and I know for a fact the kid is fine. He goes out on rainy days or on cold cloudy days to feast on all the moms that feel bad for him when he is using them.. Dont even look at him when you drive by anymore... I know kansas is probably a better place than michigan considering we have 2 of the top 10 citys for murder in the country but you will get used to it.. I would way rather spend that 100 bucks on a full tank of premium, a synthetic oil change, and taking my girl out to eat...

good call!

Its cold out there. I would be buying liquor with it to, LOL.

I'd rather give a bum money for booze, than a bum who makes up a dumb ass story and lies about what they are going to use the money for.

Here in Portland, you can't walk around downtown for 2 minutes without being asked for money.

Downtown Pittsburgh is no better.

A girl I know was attending College downtown, and working an Internship at a large local Pittsburgh bank chain at the time as well. Her lunch breaks were normally short and rushed between class and work. She, too, noticed the same bums on the street day after day. Near the Holidays, she bought a lady who always would be just outside her bank an order of Wendy's fries just as a nice gesture.....sure it's not much, but a College student can't afford much regardless. Upon giving the fries to the lady, the first words out of her mouth were "What, no ketchup?"

Not "thanks" or "you are so kind".....the old whore asked for ketchup. It just shows you that these f*cks don't appreciate anything, hence the homeless position that they're in.

I never give out money. But I oftentimes offer to walk to a local food store to buy them something to eat (Mickey D's, whatever). Money would probably go to their addiction of choice. Many refused.

A few years back a "new" con went around Harford/New Haven area's (Connecticut) that many were using. They would claim that their car broke down/they lost their ticket/their mother was sick etc. and they needed cash for a ticket to somewhere. I offered to walk with them and buy them a ticket at the station (hey if they were really telling a true story, I had no problem helping them out). Never got to buy a ticket (I did this 3 or 4 times). Though one time we walked all the way down to the train station before they (they were a couple) took off when I went through the door.

You really shouldn't give them money. It just makes you an enabler for what ever habit they may have. If they don't have a habit, then the offer of food or clothing or whatever would be a godsend.

MB

he is probably dead now from some other bum or addict seeing him with the money.

A few years back a "new" con went around Harford/New Haven area's (Connecticut) that many were using. They would claim that their car broke down/they lost their ticket/their mother was sick etc. and they needed cash for a ticket to somewhere. I offered to walk with them and buy them a ticket at the station (hey if they were really telling a true story, I had no problem helping them out). Never got to buy a ticket (I did this 3 or 4 times). Though one time we walked all the way down to the train station before they (they were a couple) took off when I went through the door.
Wow this reminds me of a similar situation.

While hanging out with a group of friends a few years back in Pittsburgh's South Side, we were approached by a clean-cut guy claiming he needed money for bus fare to get to Oakland (about 3 miles) because his wife / girlfriend was in a hospital up there and he left his wallet in his car which was clear at the other end of the South Side, approx. (20) blocks away. His story seemed believable, and we all gave him $1 a piece, totaling $5.

A few hours go by, we're on our way back to the parking lot uptown and we pass the SAME DUDE in another part of the South Side. He actually looked as if he was going to approach us again until he realized who we were, then he quickly turned his back and started to power-walk in the same direction we were heading. We started shouting things like "hey, where's your car?" and "is your wife ok?"

We caught up to him and started quizzing, asking what he did with our money and why he was still in the South Side. He kept telling us the same B.S. over and over- one of the girls in our group was a loudmouthed bi***, and she was letting this dude have it- "I can't believe you'd lie like that- you're such a f*cking liar!" Hilarious. You could tell this dude was fearing for his life at this point because he was outnumbered by three guys that were much bigger than him.

After about five minutes, he finally said "look guys, I was too embarrassed to ask but I needed the money for food. I went over to McDonalds and got a meal with the $5 you gave me". We backed off at this point because you could tell by the change in his tone and the fact that he was shaking scared that he might've been telling the truth.

Whether he was actually telling the truth or not is beside the point- but that is one night that dude will NEVER forget! ROFL

100 bucks to a bum? Think of what toys you could have bought and given to a Toys for Tots charity...

Sad.

People stand by the McDonalds in Phoenix all the time and ask for money for food. I just buy them a hamburger, sometimes i can tell they are pissed, but oh well.

One time at a 7-11 in Philly, a bum I seen there everyday ask for money for food. I said what do u want I will go in get you something to eat. He said he wanted the money because he wanted steak. I said steak, I walked away and he said,not a steak platter a steak sandwich. I said yeah OK buddy.later on that day getting gas at the 7-11 there he was buying drugs from a dealer.LOL

Last edited:
If I were you, instead of giving him a material item (100$), I would of have taken him to a nice warm dinner. Not like a dress up, fancy one, but like a diner. I would have bought him a warm meal, talked with him, shared stories, and have fun. Then next time you see him, instead of thinking "Oh I gave him 100$ for booze and drugs", you can feel good about yourself, and the wonderful action you took.

i would spend the 100 dollars on an oil catch can, a tank of gas and gave the homeless guy a ride.

There is a major intersection by my work near a local truck stop. I see the same bums at the street light most of the time. If i pull up to the light and i'm driving the tow truck, i'll give them what ever snacks i brought with me. I don't give them money but a granola bar or nutrigrain bar would actually be good food for someone homeless, and rather healthy too LOL.
One time down the road 5-10 minutes from the truck stop,i recognize a bum that is always walking up and down RT 1. Well one night i'm getting gas and he walks inside while i'm in there grabbing a soda. There is a well dressed business man getting money from the ATM inside and it's late at night. The bum stands behind the man, i stand back and watch expecting the bum to try to pit pocket him, beg him for some money he just got out or even attack the man for the money. The business man walks out with his cash and the bum steps up to the machine. The bum then swipes his own ATM card and makes a withdrawl! This guy looks like he hasn't bathed in years and has a crazy haircut and beard. I usually see him wheeling some sort of grocery cart up the road. This blew my mind!

There is another bum (pan handler) not far from that gas station that always stands on the corner. He has a weird approach though. He leans his sign up against a sign on the median, and he just stands there or walks slowly with this hands behind his back. He drives to this intersection in his raggity 'ol GEO Metro and lives in a duplex a couple blocks from where i grew up. He has a crappy house, a really crappy car, but he has those things. I doubt he has a job, but i've never given him anything cause i feel that he already has a lot more than the other bums (homeless people) up the road, well except maybe the grocery cart guy that has a Bank of America account.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back