The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

100% Recycled 3" modular down pipe from scraps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haha yea, those Amish folks are a strange bunch, but they probably think that about us with out "weird cars" LOL.
I have a buddy who lives in King George, its nice over there, im only about 20 minutes from KG.
I will shoot you a PM.
dID YOUR FRIEND GROW UP IN GK (damn caps) ?? but if he did and is in his 30's i migh know them, KG was a small ass town, that's why i moved to the burg once i got a license and job :D
haha, small world isn't it! MAn, those KG cops suck though, you don't want to get pulled over in that town for anything LOL, i thouht that back in the day it was because i was a teen, but i hear from people that now we're all in our 30's and they are still super dicks, searching you for no reason when pulled over for 3-5MPH over and crap.. but VA cops in general are the closest thing to a Nazi i can think of LOL

and the amish.. well, they're damn good at being amish i guess.. weird thing is at midnight on wednesday they gop to some church thing butit's creepy when you're out late at night walking the roads as a young teen (pre-drivers license ewrra) and you hear the cliuckety clack and see a horse and buggy coming at you down the road.. just makes me think there should be werewolves and shit out too LOL

Your pie cut o2 housing looks rough.
YEa, when i started piecing it together i didn't plan on making a DO out of it and the angle cuts were too steep and rough onthe first part, then when i realized what iw as going to make i knew i was low on material so i left it as is and kept plugging away, i came down to within inches of not having enough material so i have to leave the stteep areas in there for now.. BUt. it still beats the old rusty mild steel 2.5 inch piece i have on the cart now

That is probally the coolest thing ive ever seen, major props, and thats a great use for a mountain dew bottle! enjoy it, and then use it to hold your turbo up !!

Recycle, re-use, save! ahah, i got multiple uses for eveything in life :D (well maybe not condoms LOL) but that's how we do!

Thanks for the feedback everyone.. glad other think as well of this piece as i do!

Your boardom tuns into some bomb ass ideas, such as this one..

I hope your board more often..LOL

Thanks man! I have so many ideas, notebooks full of drawings and notes on thindgs i'd like to do if i had money for materials and the drive to get them done. Main thing that holds me back a lot of times is being in pain. THis down pipe took so long to do in little 30 minute intervals here and there, but sometimes i can push through a couple hours at once when i'm really driven and the pain is low/mild.

The only thing i really sit and wish for is that i could either A.) get word/pictures out on a local level to bring in more work, or B.) Get more work coming in from the 'net on custom made parts.

Both of these are to hopefully get me a new place to live. i've been back with my folks since august when i had to let my last house go so i could have a surgery i needed badly (my knee was the size of a canteloupe from broekn meniscus and pieces of bone floating in there) also ihad to officially quit working construction and furthering my state of discomfort and stop the injuries from progressing the wear on those areas (my back is so bad they said a simple fall or slipping with something heavy and i could lose use of my legs, which was the real eye opener, and being in a wheel chair for 5 months was a real rude awakening as well.

These days I am feeling much better and not making my injuries worse which is good but i can't take this way of life, after being on my own, owning 3 houses and having a good financial life since i was 19, this is hell being back here. THey are pretty cool and understanding but most people don't understand what it's like to live in constant pain, and give up all you have in order to not hurt yourself worse. I hate not being able to really work anymore (at least not in a field that makes me the kind of money i use to pull in - i was grossing 80+K a year, and on the bad years i was still pulling in a good 40k net. now i'm lucky if i make enough to even have to fill out tax forms, it's only been a year of officially off work but it's turned my life upside down...

Sorry to ramble on, BUT, this all circles backt o fabricating in the fact thati'ts been the only thing to help me retain a little bit of sanity and not want to just put myself out of my misery, it's honestly been therpeutic on many levels, that and the pain killers are the only things making me look forward to waking up the next day. (not trying to sound all pity seeking as i'm not! but untill you live withchronic pain for a few years you never can understand what people who have to deal with a back probem or something actually have to go through,both physically and mentally.

If i hadn't spent the money on all the metal working stuff as my "hobby" over the years i'd be screwed today, aside from selling what iown this has been my only income solidly for a year, and about half my income for the last 3 years when is tarted doing work for anyone and not jsut friends and myself.

BUt, overall hopefully someday i'll at least get far enough to get a little shop, or work from a home garage, but i feel a shop is better for bringing in new business. Overall, I want to be able to have some kids and give them a decent upbringing wher ei can participate in their lives and pass on the things i've enjoyed and learned so that they can hopefully take on anf embrace one of the many things i've loved over the years and maybe make a life/hobby from them. It's weird how things changed from not wanting kids to always thinking "i'd be teaching my kid this..bla bla"

Glen.. I wish I would have seen this thread sooner.

I could have hooked you up with the Ford 5 bolt T3 turbo elbow with the flapper valve.

You could have kept the internal WG

But Damn, over all that is a slick part made from scrap.

Glen.. I wish I would have seen this thread sooner.

I could have hooked you up with the Ford 5 bolt T3 turbo elbow with the flapper valve.

You could have kept the internal WG

But Damn, over all that is a slick part made from scrap.

That would have been nice to try instead of worrying about routing the external gate back into this DP some day for the quiet ride, but it's ok. I've been running an external gate duymped to the atmosphere for over 10 years, and aside from being another cool piece under the hood i guess i just kinda like the external gate :p

Very nice Glenn. the work looks good. one little tip get an angle grinder or a belt sander to run your pie cuts across and your gaps will shrink . almost no gap welding. once again very nice.:thumb:

Very nice Glenn. the work looks good. one little tip get an angle grinder or a belt sander to run your pie cuts across and your gaps will shrink . almost no gap welding. once again very nice.:thumb:
Thanks, I actually have a combo disk/belt sander that i use fo rthis.. THe few gaps (maybe 3) came from where angle cuts were meeting with a flat 90* cut and the area of the open ends were different (larger on the angles) and again those were from befor ei was going to make it a down pipe, the only gap that came after was where i had to slice it open and slide in a sliver of SS to make a slight change in the angle underneath, but thatnks for the tip (that sander has become one of my most used tools in making pipes, WG dumps and IC pipes

I want a full exhaust for my GST! Where do I place my order?

Didn't really have plans to sell them, but due to many requests i'll be sending you a PM

edit: october 3rd 2011
Well, today i'm mounting up the DP, although there's a few snags i've hit (mainly risted botls and had to make one more weld/change ot the DP it's self, as well as dealing with a dump tube that's hitting everythign in the world, i think i should have it done soon

My father died yesterday so i'm trying to get the car ready to drive to the east coast for the viewing and funeral, hoel the mitsi don't fail me on this one, taht would be horrible

well it's in!!!! ONe problem i ran into was the wastegate dump with the 3" down pipe and OEM fans and stock oil filter ocation has almost NO ROOM at all, I cit it short anmd it aims down ebtween the DP and under the turbo *(for now)

On thing i can say is i can fel the upgrade in power as well as an increase in spool which both make me very happy

Last edited:
Well, what can i say, it's installed, sounds good, spools better, makes more power on less boost and looks pimp as hell to boot!! i'll get installed pics tomorrow

Nah, i didn't forget about ya bud, I've been out of town for a week and now getting back and trying to get some moeny for bills together. I'll get the parts and all figured out and get my buddy with the VR-4 over here for some mock up some time soon.

thanks for the thoughts, this is a rough time for sure, friends and DSM's helping keep my mind occupied is all that's keepig me going really

thanks again bro!

Glenn

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back