The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 10 year member, new GST owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltah

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2011
fairfield, Virginia
Worked on my cars all my life, since I first voted for JFK that's a while. Owned Mitsubishi Expo LRVs for 20 years now & do pretty much anything that doesn't require pulling the engine or welding. So a lot of stuff on the 'new' '95 GST is familiar -- timing belt issues, MFI, ECU, Ignition, A/C, etc. Handling is a lot different, turbo is a new thing & probably I'll have some questions about that -- and other stuff not yet discovered.

The car's sound & rust free, has been worked on quite a bit but mostly 'clean work with extra stuff thrown away.' 'Rebuilt' title so some insurance co. totaled it but darned if there's much sign of why except that the console is very slightly out of square -- so little that I couldn't see exactly what was wrong & fudged the radio mounting to get it square in the bezel. But the car handles perfectly -- the structure is square.

Most of the work looks to be replacing missing or wrong parts -- bumpers are from a 97+ car and none of the mounting hardware is there except the screws. Side marker lights are there but sockets are cut off & gone. Sun roof doesn't work and headliner is hanging in tatters. Interior is otherwise not bad except carpets/upholstery are filthy. My list has 35+ items.

So --- fun car to drive when I get just a couple things figured out and a fun hobby for the next year or two. Extra stuff like wrong-year bumpers will be available free to anyone who can pick up near 24435. Several more such items -- I'll post in classifieds as I get ready.

Overall I'm looking to get back close to "Pretty much stock and like a well-cared-for one owner car." World's most boring project -- most all like 'washed carpets today' that you can probably live without knowing!

Welcome back! Im looking forward to pics and updates!

I had to do the math....jfk put you at least 77 or 78 years old. Aaaaand you just bought a gst. THIS is how i want to be in my 70s. Im in my 50s now, but this situation. Cool.

Once you get the " bug " it don`t matter if your young or old. Most of the nice cars I see have an old man behind the wheel. I should know, I`m about to turn seventy years young on the twenty fifth of this month and still love to play cars. Best of luck with your project .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back