The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

10.62 sec gt3082 no NOS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse98gs-t

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
LIma, South_America
Hi folks

Got a new personal record and new national record here in Peru. Total time 10.62 sec, elapsed time 10.48.

Turbo is GT3082R, there was no nitrous used, the boost was at 30psi, AFR was around 11.1:1, timing maxed about at 18 degrees.

Here is a video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=12wKKEWm6gE

I was wondering... whats next step?

Maybe nitrous, methanol injection, bigger turbo...

Any comment would be apreciate.

DSM POWER PERU

Thanks for input

This was on race gas (in Perù 110 octane).

Can i run some more timming? how much timing can i run on vp c-16 race

How much psi can i run on this gt3082? is 30psi limit on this one?
(think so because small turbine wheel)

Thanks for comments and helping

DSM POWER PERU

Congrats on the pass & yes I think theres probably abit more to be had with that turbo before you need an upgrade. I know guys that run 30-32 psi with that turbo on their street tune. So a few more psi defently won't hurt. Also should be able to see abit more timing as well. I see 18 deg running 25-26 psi on my 3076 & thats on pump with a small amount of meth injection. Another local was able to run 21-22 deg with straight 110 on his 50 trim sized turbo.

Here is the timeslip for the run on the video.

Attachments

• timeslip.jpg
    timeslip.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 2,417
Now I feel like a jackass. It took me 7 years and a GT4088 to break into the 10s' and you've done it on a significantly smaller (especially the td06h sized exhaust wheel!) turbo. Good work man.

Well im an american living here in peru for about 3-4 years now, the owner of the car is a good friend of mine, heh, hes officially the fastest car in peru, he beat all the v8's and set a nacional record that day, with shitty circuit racing slicks, that grip way less then any drag radial, and on a sandy airstrip next to the beach, he wants to upgrade to a full gt35r with a .82 a/r turbo im telling him to go gt42r with a shot of nos for some spool up but hes being bitchy about lag some 1 show him the light, its a full drag car so no street use, even though i keep telling him to bring out at night and kill some subaru's and evo's

Regan

Very well done. Thats quite an interesting drag strip! :thumb:

That is because it isn't a drag strip:cry::cry: It's a crappy airlane for samll aircraft by the beach just like my friend Regan noted above. What's also interesting is that the last 3 runs were made without a tach (it ceased working duringthe qualifying runs) and the shifting was done pushing the engine to the RPM cut. The best part was seeing the faces of all the V8 owners who have dominated the drag scene here for years.:thumb:

That is because it isn't a drag strip:cry::cry: It's a crappy airlane for samll aircraft by the beach just like my friend Regan noted above. What's also interesting is that the last 3 runs were made without a tach (it ceased working duringthe qualifying runs) and the shifting was done pushing the engine to the RPM cut. The best part was seeing the faces of all the V8 owners who have dominated the drag scene here for years.:thumb:

rpm cut was at 9500rpm...

Here is an in-car vid:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hvsOm8JP3Gs

4G63 six bolt is simply AMAZING plataform!!!:rocks:

DSM POWER PERU

Looks like the GT3082 is gonna have a new owner, haha. Next turbo setup on this car will include Forced Performance new FP3582HTA turbocharger. We'll see how it goes and hope that 10sec. record is going down fast.

BAHAHA VAMOS CARAJO!! we peruvians get soo excited when we win

I'm peruvian too, that was some great footage. I'm saving it!!! PERU #1

ESO CONCHA TU MADRE!! haha good times

Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't the GT3082 the same thing as fp 3065 if, so it will flow about 65lbs per minute rite? Now the new FP3582 doesn't that only flow also about 65LBS per minute? Why not go to a full GT42r upgrade? The car is a drag car only isn't it? Also why is your reaction time counted in your final ET.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't the GT3082 the same thing as fp 3065 if, so it will flow about 65lbs per minute rite? Now the new FP3582 doesn't that only flow also about 65LBS per minute? Why not go to a full GT42r upgrade? The car is a drag car only isn't it? Also why is your reaction time counted in your final ET.

Hi, gt3082 has garrett turbine housing, 3065 has mitsu turbine housing, they say 3082 have more top end and slightly more power capacity.

Darkstartsi said FP3582HTA, aparently is an comon 3582 evolutioned, look this http://store.forcedperformance.net/...n=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTFP3582HTA
Anyone knows anything about this turbo???

To use GT42 i need some nitrous for spool and 10K on tach... maybe espensive rods and diferent header... too many mods for now, i prefer to finish this season and then to decide what is next... thanks for your advice

ET = 10.48

DSM POWER PERU

You can certainly go a bit faster with that turbo. You've got room for 2-3 more degrees of timing, room to go leaner and probably a few more psi with better gas.

I wouldn't go 42r. A gt4094 got my friend's full weight/full 3 inch exhaust 95 gsx (just a/c and power steering removed) into the 9s (9.9@141) without nitrous using dsmlink and a stock 2g maf (fake maf feature). That turbo should put you into the 9s easily since you weigh less and it wont be too laggy. He ran that at around 32-33 psi, 12 ish on the air fuel ratio and around 20-21 degrees of timing (c16 of course).

What mph was the 10.62 run?
What were your 60 ft. times?
Not much sidewall on those Kuhmo's.

ahh this is a 3rd world country, at the begining of the year the fastest car was a v8 doing 11.8, were happy to have a road that were allowed to race on, we barely have reaction time, we dont got trap or 60 foot heh

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back