The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

10.62 sec gt3082 no NOS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's a 67 Mustang fastback 8" rear end. As to what gears the car is running I don't know exactly, I'll let my friend who is the owner answer that, as he is the owner of the car...

Yeah I would love to knwo what parts are needed for this swap as my options are a 4 bolt rear stock which I heard people still break with enough power or stage 5 dss axles which are 1500 and can still break. Something like this would make for a near bullet proof drive train with a 1pc aluminum ds and dogbox with raxle front axles.

Yeah I would love to knwo what parts are needed for this swap as my options are a 4 bolt rear stock which I heard people still break with enough power or stage 5 dss axles which are 1500 and can still break. Something like this would make for a near bullet proof drive train with a 1pc aluminum ds and dogbox with raxle front axles.

Alex from dogbox racing is running a 03 cobra rear in his evo. I refered my good friend that made my tubular k-member to him for the fab work. It acually pretty much fits in there axle length wise. He had it upgraded alittle (ring and pinion. axles) I think, dont quote me, havent talked to him in awhile.

Best bet would to be find a friend with a mustang, maybe a gn and take some measurements.

Alex from dogbox racing is running a 03 cobra rear in his evo. I refered my good friend that made my tubular k-member to him for the fab work. It acually pretty much fits in there axle length wise. He had it upgraded alittle (ring and pinion. axles) I think, dont quote me, havent talked to him in awhile.

Best bet would to be find a friend with a mustang, maybe a gn and take some measurements.

Well I been doing a little research I came across this The Ford 8.8 Mustang Rear End - Car Craft Magazine

I think I will be looking for a 8.8 with 3.55 rear which is the same thing in my jeep. You will def have to put me in touch with your fabricator that did the conversion Carver because stock 4 bolt will probably break and 1500 for something that could still break seems like a waste when I could just go all out and get better 60ft's in the process seems worth it.

This looks like a lot of work though. I checked out Jake H's page and saw some of his picks from his RWD conversion and it's a lot of the same stuff and it looks like it could cost A LOT more than 1500 to complete which would take away some of the point of doing it.

That's shitload of boost to run that low of a horsepower..... :hmm:

Car was running on C16 but very poor tuning due to test new transmision, new driveshaft and coilovers. We will visit dyno soon to make some tuning stuff.

It's a 67 Mustang fastback 8" rear end. As to what gears the car is running I don't know exactly, I'll let my friend who is the owner answer that, as he is the owner of the car...

Gears are 3.55 (39/11), just same as center differential.

Car was running on C16 but very poor tuning due to test new transmision, new driveshaft and coilovers. We will visit dyno soon to make some tuning stuff.

Gears are 3.55 (39/11), just same as center differential.

From my research the 8" didn't come in a 3.55 form only the 8.8 do you have a 8.8 or a 8" rear? If so which axles did you use?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back