The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

10.5@136 FP Red 3600lbs '99gsx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucasEnglish

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2004
Washougal, Washington
The old School Red puts some times and # down.

Since we are still working on Jeff's Auto Drag car he decided to play with the '99 GSX show car.

We started off Sat by playing with it on the dyno. Getting the Tune to 582whp. Did make 617 but were out of fuel at the level. So we had to just leave it at the 582whp.

He did no plan to run that fast because the car has no cage and is not legal. He was just running 1/8mi passes, but when he felt how good 2nd went in on that pass he just had to go for it.

Mods that matter.

2.4 Stroker
Ported head by Jeff
Kiggly Valve Springs
FP 4 Cams
DSM link
MAFT blow through
ETS FMIC
3in TBE
FP RED Turbo (old school)
1600cc injectors
E85 fuel
Twin 255hp fuel pumps
JMF Sheet Metal Intake
ACT 2600 street disc
English Racing Trans
Tuned my me

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

YouTube - Team English Racing Jeffs 10 5@136 3600lbs '99 GSX

Damn everything you touch goes fast! Got a question for ya Lucas have a setup almost identical to the turd. The car went 11.9 on 17psi with a stock intake and an afc to tune with! I have a twin disk, built trans and v3 going in do you think I need the intake to go 10's or should I be close. Also ill be on about 33psi and Q16.

Another impressive car by you, congrats!
Was this on the Dyno Dynamics?
How much boost?

DynoJet Should look at the pics a bit closer :)

The 10.5 was at 28psi which was 582whp Uncorrected

Should not need an intake for 10s

thats just great. very nice car and nice run. i would love to have a 99 gsx like this.

I love the "sandbaggin" note. The sad part, his sandbag run is still way faster than my best attempt.

WOW Im am really impressed..you guys build/tune some of the baddest cars Ive seen. Ive seen the other thread about the 10 second 16G Auto, I have to give you major props on that..stock bottom end and tranny? WOW just Wow..Keep up the good work!!! :thumb:

Some video shot from my camera.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RvFrqZeMw7I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RvFrqZeMw7I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I had fun that day. I built this car 4 or 5 years ago and just now getting around to beating on it. I told Luke just before the pass that I was unsure what I wanted to do, well she hooked second gear hard so I guess I went for it. With a twin disc there easily a better slip in her. Jeff

To be honest doing a stroker isn't all it's cracked up to be. If I was to do it all over again I would either stay 2.0 or 2.1. I like the revs and smoothness of the 2.0. This kit in the car happens to be the eagle 100 mm kit. Jeff

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back