The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

10:30pm at night...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calan

DSM Wiseman
Jan 16, 2007
OKC, Oklahoma
...and it's freakin' 95* right now officially at the airport.

It hit 112* on my fully shaded porch today, and we've had 25 days just this month (so far) over a hundred, and 34 total since June. (The two days it fell short it topped out at 99*). And oh joy... the really hot stuff is forecast to be here by next Monday and Tuesday. :banghead:

I've just about had enough of it. :mad:

Yeah we got a little bit of a heatwave here too, I hate that kind of weather.

High temperatures + high humidity = Indoors with the A/C all day

Yeah, sucks having to work on a car in this heat! Haven't touched it in a few days. Lol

I move around the house in teh amazing AC.

Hard to get a vehicle ready for the shootout from the living room. I've been thinking about building some sort of Rube Goldberg Device to finish the Talon for me. It's painful enough driving 2 miles to work in the AM in her with no AC. I'm sick of Summer.

All right! A thread about how much heat sucks. I'm glad you all agree. I hate the heat- I wasn't designed for it. At least with the cold you can just put a hat and gloves on.

The heat wave that's all across mid and east America is supposed to go away soon I hear.

I was working on my car in this weather, I might as well have just shoved a garden hose up my bum and turned on it on slow trickle to stay hydrated.

I have a standard sized fridge in the garage that stays full of bottle water, powerade, and a small selection of beer, with hard stuff in the freezer.

The mfer is empty except for 12 beers still in there, alcohol is the worst thing you can ingest when working in that kind of heat.

Try being a lifeguard in this. I work 13 hour days at least 6 days a week outside. I get one 45 minute lunch break and then a very short 5 minute break once every hour. The rest of my shift is in a chair trying not watch little kids without passing out.

The best part, days like these there are easily 7-800 kids to be split between 14 guards in 3 different pools. Depending on the area you're guarding there's an easy 75 kids to watch.
:banghead:

The rest of my shift is in a chair trying not watch little kids without passing out.

Good to know which pool I wouldn't bring my kids to :p

The best part, days like these there are easily 7-800 kids to be split between 14 guards in 3 different pools. Depending on the area you're guarding there's an easy 75 kids to watch.
:banghead:

This is when you just randomly blow your whistle every 5 minutes, point at a different area of kids, and wave your finger :nono:

I would take 112* days or our winters anyday everyday.

Pshh...y'all need to come through west Texas! Even weeds die from lack of water and high heat ha

I guess you mid country guys have it bad. West coast, summer came late. The mountians here in cali, fresno area just finish melting. Usually it should of been done around June. I went 2 weeks ago and still saw patches of snow.

It gets damn hot here too. Heat index is well over 100 almost every day. We like when the rain comes through for a few days just so it will stay cloudy and cool off. It does get old. Id gladly take the freezing cold over this shit.

i live in the "rust belt" where it's known to be cold, snowy, and salty but this summer the high 90's have been so common. We aren't used to it at all so it feels sooooooo hot out.

I love the heat. When not at work I will be out cutting the grass, skateboarding or whatever from time to time. I just dislike the humidity. That type of heat is the worst.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back