The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

10,000 (estimated) dead in 8.9 Earthquake

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimmyD said:
I read that Jet Li was vacationing in the Maldives with his family and is listed as missing.

As far as anyone knows right now, the Maldives have prettymuch ceased to exist. :(

Eagle_Summit said:
Everything happens for a reason.

Yep, the ocean floor dropped out.

Now, if you were trying to be metaphysical..

I like to watch late night travel shows on pbs where they go to all over the world and observe people's traditions. The strange thing is that last night was about India and it's beaches. I never knew it WAS that beautiful :confused: OMG
I think its 23k dead as of now.

Death toll is up to around 44,000 now... And they are still having people was up on shores left and right.. They aniticipate a lot more to be added to the death count.

This is bad, very very very bad. This isn't even taking into account the future deaths that will come from disease, especially with poor sanitation, no drinking water, etc.

I've been trying to track down the websites of known charaties who are accepting donations. I know the American Red Cross www.redcross.org will be looking for donations, but if you guys know of other organizations where donations will go specifically to help the victims, feel free to post them.

yeah that's nuts...52k people dead..the shitty thing is that most of them are children...i was watching the news and it showed a huge wave plow over a few dozen people mostly children hopfully they all survived

vtracer20 said:
yeah that's nuts...52k people dead..the shitty thing is that most of them are children...i was watching the news and it showed a huge wave plow over a few dozen people mostly children hopfully they all survived

not likely :(

Quasimondo said:
This is bad, very very very bad. This isn't even taking into account the future deaths that will come from disease, especially with poor sanitation, no drinking water, etc.

I've been trying to track down the websites of known charaties who are accepting donations. I know the American Red Cross www.redcross.org will be looking for donations, but if you guys know of other organizations where donations will go specifically to help the victims, feel free to post them.

http://www.google.com/tsunami_relief.html

ALong with such a tragedy, our weather has been messed up, and I'm just wondering now if anyone is thinking of the movie Day After Tomorrow during all of this...? Honestly I'm kind of scarred.

Of course a movie is just that, but it still makes you think... I havent been able to watch the news much, but it really is devastating to those that lived there, my prayers are with the families and loved ones that have lost and still are missing...

It does seem strange that we've had so much activity over the last year or two. Reminds me of that super volcano in yellowstone. Thats suposed to go in the near future. Of course near future for volcano's could be tomorrow or a 100 years. Still scarry to think of what could happen.

The shift in the tectonic plates made the entire planet wobble - it also increased the earth's rate of rotation by .3 microseconds a day and moved the earth's axis a bit. OMG

Day after tomorrow was made on pretty solid facts...this planet is changing and it's changing because of us and us burning so much fuel and heating the planet...it wouldn't suprise me that this stuff is jus tthe beginning...not saying this or next year but the start of soemthign bigger...

psychlow said:
Did anyone else notice that on 12/26/2003, an earthquake in Iran killed 26,000 people?

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/Quakes/uscvad.htm

Now we have 52,000 people dead on 12/26/2004...

God is cleaning the earth :p anybody read the damn bible? it says fire will rain from the sky....sooooo either aliens and asteroids will kill us, or it will be that damn caldera in yellowstone....

I guess this post is going to get ruined by some genius making this political. :rolleyes:

I guess now BUSH is gonna goto war with earthquakes

1.) Don't be stupid.
2.) Read the rules.

Day after tomorrow was made on pretty solid facts...this planet is changing and it's changing because of us and us burning so much fuel and heating the planet

I think this is a little far-fetched, personally. Us changing the world's climate a little bit doesn't cause 9.0 magnitude earthquakes.

In fact, there have probably been hundreds of earthquakes of this magnitude since man has been around. It's just that in the last couple centuries or so, more people have happened to have been in the way, where beforehand, no one was around to witness it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back