The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 1/8th mile track results, 2/24/2019 (video inside)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8s_are_slow

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2002
Panama City, Florida
I'm from Panama City, Fl and we were hit by Hurricane Michael. The track has been down for years and they had just recently opened when the storm hit and messed it all up. Yesterday was the 1st day opening after the storm for Test and Tune. You're dang right I couldn't sleep the night before. I tossed and turned all night long like a kid waiting for Santa to come.

Anyway, I haven't been able to get much practice due to the track being down so I'm working on it. First run was with some old E85 in the tank from back in November. I ran an 8.700 with plenty of knock. It was terrible!!! So I looked at the logs and pulled my plugs and saw the plugs were seeing some knock, probably due to the fuel. Threw in a new set I had purchased before heading to the track, threw in some new E85 and this was the second run against a big ole V8 with HUGE fat tires. Thought he was gonna kill me. My 7.118@105 to his 7.0 something at 101 I believe. Trying to get down in the 6's but I'm having issues shifting. Probably due to a warped flywheel (I'm thinking) because I'm getting locked out at high rpm's. Never saw the guy come around me though. Anyway, enjoy....

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I can feel your joy myself! :D :thumb: and I DID ENJOY the ride!!! Nice video!
Can't wait to get either one of mine back together to do the same thing!
Keep eating V8's!
Marty

So new turbo is in. Just working on getting it installed, then more updates. Manifold is currently on order but should be soon.

Attachments

• 20190305_192446.jpg
    20190305_192446.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 20190305_173022.jpg
    20190305_173022.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 82
Oh wow you arent messing around, are you going to go with a half size radiator?

VW Mk3 radiator so I can tuck it up under the radiator core.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back