The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1.8 Turbo Jetta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They are quite nice, my mom owns a '03 Wolfsburg (auto) it has quite a bit of low-end and I was surprised when I was accelerating to merge. Then I went WOT and was dissapointed by the lack of top-end, boost falls off quick. I like the two-piece mesh BBS rims and the slashed dual-tip exhaust on the car, the interior is fine-I don't usually care about that stuff. Other than that it's a nice car.

I really like those '04-05 ones, didn't know they had a 6spd, Recaro seats, and all the other goodies though. I've seen a new A4 around and that thing was nice...I'll take the RS6 anyday over any of them or maybe a new 7 series.

My "lady friend" rocks a 96 Golf GTI and it has like 170k on it. Its only the 2.0 so it has like 115 hp, but its a reliable little car.

She like in love with it :)

here's one of my friends 1.8T. i really like how it looks, super clean. it also ran a really good time, first off it was stock, and considering how crappy our track is and it was his first time ever being on a track and the same day he learned how to launch a fwd car. i was really impressed.

1/4 mile:
15.59 @ 89.67
2.50 - 60ft'

Attachments

• sig_pic.jpg
    sig_pic.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 87
^ Man, that's a nice clean looking jetta your buds got their! Glad to see this thread is still alive and kickin. It's interesting hearing some input from some of you guys/dubbers regarding the build quality of Audis/VW's. While I know VW has had some very bad quality control problems with some of their newer model cars between like 99-02 I think most the newer models 03+ have been pretty reliable. They worked out most the glitches and bad issues with the coil packs and stuff. It's extremely hard to believe what some of you guys were saying about the Audis.... That is, Heater cores spewing out into the interior at 300 miles??? Come on... ECU's being replaced before they even leave the lot brand new??? Where's the info on this? Sounds a little exaggerated. :confused:

I like the A4's a lot but haven't really driven one so I'm not familiar with how heavy they are. I always thought it would be nice to have that quattro system for going upto the mtns. I never even thought about it but I could pick up one nice A4 for what I was willing to throw down on an 03 20th Anv GTI.

I'm a big Euro/Dub dude and have been drooling over the 03 GTI 20th Anv editions for months on end now. I almost bought one but decided I'm going to hold out until next spring and see how things look then. I need to move to an apt with a garage before I dump moolah into a nice newer ride.

I've heard people making some very good *reliable* power in 1.8t's with simple mods like I/E + Chip. Essentially taking the car from 180HP upto around 210+ at the crank with torque being in the 230+ range! Now that could get me upto the mtns in style! I was diggin on this guys Jetta from Colorado Springs but he wanted 18,500 for it. Nice ride for sure though.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

As of now I'm just going to have to be happy with my turbo scirocco with it's leaking exhaust manifold. Sure is fun on the hwy though. Talk about light.

talon94es said:
^ Man, that's a nice clean looking jetta your buds got their! Glad to see this thread is still alive and kickin. It's interesting hearing some input from some of you guys/dubbers regarding the build quality of Audis/VW's. While I know VW has had some very bad quality control problems with some of their newer model cars between like 99-02 I think most the newer models 03+ have been pretty reliable. They worked out most the glitches and bad issues with the coil packs and stuff. It's extremely hard to believe what some of you guys were saying about the Audis.... That is, Heater cores spewing out into the interior at 300 miles??? Come on... ECU's being replaced before they even leave the lot brand new??? Where's the info on this? Sounds a little exaggerated. :confused:

A little exagerated but not as far fetched as it may seem, like I said my fiance sells vws and I here about shit like this all the time when her customers come back to the dealer hella angry cause their shit is broke already. Hell my Fiances jetta as nice and reliable that it is has had quite a few problems and we haven't even owned it for a year. It needed a new ecu before she could take it home. Two months after owning it there was some issue with the ecu and valve timming(don't ever try and get car info out of a woman because you will just get confused) or something like that. They had to reprogram the ecu and rebuild her head. And the only other problem it has had is the passanger side front window slides up out of its track sometimes and causes it to trip into safety mode and go back down.

However I have been looking it getting an 04ish vr6 gti, throwing on a sc and a nice wet shot of nitrous. It would be alot more comfortable than my car now and be nearly as fast but I don't know if I could ever bring myself to sell my car.

The Dubs have gotten bad rep with some of the problems they have had. The A4 body (Jetta, Golf 99-05) really had some electrical problems. Mainly sensors and what not. The New Jetta's have been pretty good for a first year vehicle. VW is making a HUGE effort to regain customers loyalty that has slipped in recent years. Now the only hang up is the styling! :) Looking forward to purchasing a new GTI in the Spring. 2.0 Turbo with 200hp. Already seen them with a reflash and exhaust putting down 257hp! Now that will be fun!

Again, I work with them all day long. Actually, really nice vehicles for the money.

:talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back