The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1.8 and 2.0 motor mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmc67

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 17, 2004
Middlebourne, West_Virginia
I have searched for about 30 minutes about this, My question is are the 1.8 and 2.0 motor mounts the same? some ppl are saying yes and some are saying No. The reason I ask is b/c I need new mounts badly but dont got the cash to buy new ones and I got a 1.8l donor car and was gunna take them off of it till I got the cash to get the Urethane ones.

thanks for the info

I have asked this question before, and anyone who really knows there stuff says no. I believe that the front mount is the same, but the rest are different.

:thumb:

Hey Crazy thanks for clarifying that I thought the front was teh same from looking at them but I didn't know for sure. The front one on my car is pretty much shattered and I am getting the urethane setup in a week or so until then I am gunna use the one off my donor car. Any tips on getting one off and back on? do I gotta jack the motor up or anything?

I had to remove the timing side mount on my 1.8, and it was a #####

I used a jack with a block of wood to take the stress off the mount under the oil pan (but not enough to lift the car, that could end in tragedy) Then I just un-bolted the thing. I ended up breaking 3 cheap rachets on it before I bought a decent set and got it off.

Im not sure about the front mount, and like I said before, Im not 100% positive that it will bolt up to a 2.0, but since you have to replace it anyway I say its worth a try. If I were you I would try to find 2.0 mounts in a junkyard or something, because you know they will be an exact fit.

:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back