The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1/4 mile time sux!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicknorth11

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2005
Grand Blanc, Michigan
i knew before i went to the track i was going to run slow because my tires are pretty aweful, but with my list of mods i figured i would run at least a 14.5.

i went 14.8 @ 97 with a 2.44 :notgood:
and 14.7 @ 95 with a 2.41 :cry:

UPGRADES:
-Engine internals:
--Slowboy racing STROKER kit (.20 over)
___Eagle Rods w/ ARP rod bolts
___Wiseco 7-Bolt Stroker Pistons w/ Rings
___Clevite main bearings
___Clevite rod bearings
___4G64 Crank
___ARP bolts and studs
___Balance shafts removed
___Balanced engine
-GT28RS turbo
-Custom O2 housing (ported and dumped into
___Custom downpipe)
-Trust cat-back exhaust, No cat,
___(japanese version of greddy)
-Walbro 255lph fuel pump
-ACT 2100 clutch
-Shaved flywheel (-6 lbs)
-Cometic head gasket (high boost)
-HKS evc-4 boost controller

boosting 12psi

nicknorth11 said:
haven't had the money to get an uicp with a metal bov yet. so stock bov, max 12 psi.

So you built a motor and upgraded the turbo,exhaust,clutch, and left the 2g BOV on?

That is like the first mod you should be doing. You are running slow because of 12psi, bald tires, and if this is your first time at the track most people need to get the hang of it and trying different techniques to pull in that good time. But damn a 2g bov on a built motor with a expensive ass turbo thats just nuts.

:toobad:

I don't understand some of us and we can skimp on the important stuff but spend butt loads on stuff we probably don't need. In any event, you need a bov (1g Bov works great and cheap). Also, do you have any tuning equipment or loggers. Did you check for boost leaks, yadda-yadda-yadda.

Sorry guys, here's some background. I bought the car on a friday night, and blew the engine/turbo on saturday morning. Apparently the guy who sold it to me knew it had a bad oil pump and told me it was just the gauge. Anyway, I should have known better than to buy it, but I didn't. So, I had to rebuild it. That's why i have the expensive stuff done and not the cheaper stuff. I just ran out of money. I have every intention of buying a fmic with METAL bov and injectors and yada yada yada, I just don't have that kind of money right now. Also, I don't have any tuning equipment yet. I plan on getting an S-AFC-I for now (because they're cheap), and upgrade to dsmlink later. The reason I thought I would go faster is the stroked engine. It added some good power and I only went slightly better than stock. Also, I compared speed and time to that of other fwd's and mine was really weird. High mph and low time. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read all of this.

Your MPH is decent for such low boost, your time sucks because your 60' s are bad.

Its just a shame you built that nice motor for such a small turbo...

i know, but i bought the turbo with intentions of NOT beefing up ANYTHING else. it was going to be my ONLY mod. but then i decided to stroke the engine...and upgrade the clutch...and flywheel, and i kept going. if i had it to do all over again, i would buy the gt35r!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back