The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1.130 or 1.134 Pistons

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C89ZX7R

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2011
Richmond, Virginia
Whats the difference? Im building a 2.4 long rod with 156mm Pauters. Vendor said he could get Carillo Pistons for cheap and supplied the part number SC7262. Specs shows its 1.134, I thought the 2.4 long rod was suppose to get 1.130. Reason why I want CP is that they have the oil ring supported all the way around where Wisecos dont actually have a support at the top of the pin. Any thoughts?

I know it's old, but nobody has responded and answered yet. So I input some for future reference.
That is called as 1.130 compression height piston in general, but it does not necessarily need to be exactly 1.130". If strictly speaking, it should be approx 1.140" to be lined up with the deck. But usually aftermarket forged pistons get slightly below deck when it's cold for some reason like expansion, resurfacing the block, etc. So that difference is just a difference between manufacturer's spec.
Both would work just fine as 1.130" piston. Usually you don't need to care much about that difference if you would use steel rods. If you want to strictly set piston to head/piston to valve clearance such as for aluminum rods or some reason, then go with the one that fits better with your setup.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back