The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

08 Infineon Wednesday Night Drags

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T9S1i

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2004
San Francisco, California
Well, it was brought to my attention that its "that time of year" again. Time to put our winter work and projects to the pavement, and what better place then at the track right?

Dates:
March 2008
03/12/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
03/19/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
03/26/2008 Wednesday Night Drags

April 2008

04/09/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
04/16/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
04/23/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
04/30/2008 Wednesday Night Drags

May 2008

05/07/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
05/21/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
05/28/2008 Wednesday Night Drags

June 2008

06/04/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
06/11/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
06/25/2008 Wednesday Night Drags

July 2008

07/02/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
07/09/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
07/16/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
07/30/2008 - 07/31/2008 Drag Testing

August 2008

08/06/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
08/27/2008 Wednesday Night Drags

September 2008

09/03/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
09/10/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
09/17/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
09/24/2008 Wednesday Night Drags

October 2008

10/01/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
10/08/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
10/15/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
10/22/2008 Wednesday Night Drags
10/29/2008 Wednesday Night Drags

Place:
Wednesday Night Drags
Info can be found here: Infineon Raceway | Raceway Info | Wednesday Night Drags

POPULAR PROGRAM GIVES PEOPLE A SAFE, LEGAL, CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT IN WHICH TO RACE THEIR CARS, AWAY FROM CITY STREETS

WHAT: The popular Wednesday Night Drags program will kick off its 20th consecutive year at Infineon Raceway, March 5th. The raceway opens its gates most every Wednesday night from March 5-Oct. 29 for fans who would like to race down the world-famous quarter-mile drag strip.

OBJECTIVE: The objective of the program is to give people, from teen-agers to working professionals, a safe, legal and controlled environment in which to race their vehicles, as opposed to using city streets or back-county roads.

WHEN: Most Wednesday nights through Oct. 29th. Gates open at 3:30 p.m., racing spans from 5 p.m.-10 p.m. Wednesday Night Drags will NOT run on the following dates: April 2, May 14, July 23, July 30, August 13, and August 20.

WHERE: Infineon Raceway, Highways 37 and 121, Sonoma, Calif., 95476.

WHO: Anyone with a driver's license can compete, providing their vehicle or motorcycle passes a simple technical inspection. All vehicles must have mufflers. To see the rules and regulations for Wednesday Night Drags, please click here. The event attracts a varied crowd, including teen-agers, mothers, working professionals and grandparents racing everything from Corvettes to Mini-Vans. Three-hundred cars are allowed to compete each Wednesday night. The weekly event attracts an average of 900-1,200 people (competitors and spectators).

TOP THE COPS: An added bonus to the California Army National Guard Wednesday Night Drags is the Top the Cops program, which enters its 12th season in 2007. Top the Cops allows high school students the rare chance to drag race against Bay Area law enforcement officers on Infineon Raceway's quarter-mile drag strip. Both are given practice runs, leading up to a final-round showdown between the student and an officer who competes in his/her squad car and in full uniform. The Top the Cops program runs from May through August.

COST: $25 competitors, $15 for students with their high school identification card, $10 spectators.

For more information, call 800-870-RACE.
Call this number /\/\/\ For days when it is raining, windy, stormy or there is iffy weather that might cancel racing to find out whether or not you are wasting your time driving all the way to the track.

Now, it starts this wednesday... is anyone ready or planning on going? I am definatly not ready and wont be probably until april. I'll keep posted though on how my car is coming.

How about everyone else? Local cars come out to play! :thumb:

Ill be there on the 26th of this month and if not 9th of april

Do you need a valid drivers license in order to race on the track? I wanna see what my car runs before swapping in a 20g.

If not, I got July to October. Damn, 3 more months.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I really hate Wednesday night drags. For one, it's almost always crowded and unless you're at the track often, the chances that you're gonna line up against some automatic truck and get smoked is highly possible (stupid bracket racing). Plus track prep on Wednesdays is usually sub par, seeing as no fast cars usually go out.

Instead, I recommend going to a Test & Tune. Granted I've only been to Sac for it, but it is MUCH more worth while. My friend that took his STi out, got about 40 passes in a night. He was easily just hot lapping the car. Even with me taking my time, letting the car cool off between passes, I still did an easy 10 passes. Track prep is great as there are usually some single digit dragsters or bikes out as well. Nothing beats having only 20-30 cars out total. I'd look into it.

But props to you guys for wanting to go out and race.

the first couple of weeks is always crowded, but those random cracked out nights were nothing special is going on can get pretty light. If no one breaks down its all good.

If I pick up a DD I might head out there for kicks and giggles, but probably no more than once.

The only thing I don't like is when someone in a SVX knocks you out. You can't have a more consistant car thats so easy to control. F*$KIN ATX AWD NA cars,... SERIOUSLY?!??!?!?

also, atx truck and minivans tend to be ball busters as well

But see, there's no knowing if it's gonna be crowded or not. I'll take my Test & Tune nights. Plus its on friday or saturday, so all your friends can come with.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I really hate Wednesday night drags. For one, it's almost always crowded and unless you're at the track often, the chances that you're gonna line up against some automatic truck and get smoked is highly possible (stupid bracket racing). Plus track prep on Wednesdays is usually sub par, seeing as no fast cars usually go out.

Instead, I recommend going to a Test & Tune. Granted I've only been to Sac for it, but it is MUCH more worth while. My friend that took his STi out, got about 40 passes in a night. He was easily just hot lapping the car. Even with me taking my time, letting the car cool off between passes, I still did an easy 10 passes. Track prep is great as there are usually some single digit dragsters or bikes out as well. Nothing beats having only 20-30 cars out total. I'd look into it.

But props to you guys for wanting to go out and race.

If you are getting a good dial in and consistent runs, you can usually get at least 5 runs in if you get there when it opens. This thread is more to let people know its an option. Seems like every year its only a handful of us that go semi-regularly and a random few people that hear about it and go 1-2x a year.

Id rather hit wednesday night drags. Less chances of the track being down. If there is a 9 sec car that crashes, its going to lay debris all down the track and it'll probably close after it. If some idiot blows his honda engine 17sec into his run at the 1/4 mile, it takes the people at infineon like 30min to clean up the mess. Plus we have awd... who needs that great of track prep? More spin = less brakeage, more hook= more breakage.

Hey edwin, how about you post up a thread entitled "sac/infineon test and tune" and post up the dates so that we know when it is and how much it costs instead of just coming in here and saying you dont like infineon...? Not trying to hate, id rather just have this thread somewhat positive to hopefully get more people to come out and race. It seems like the only "meets" that we have are like 4 of us hitting up infineon a few times a year. IF more people come out it'll be fun. And if we can organize a test and tune where 10 of us are there and get to line up with each other and get 40 runs in than thats even better! :thumb:

Do you need a valid drivers license in order to race on the track? I wanna see what my car runs before swapping in a 20g.

If not, I got July to October. Damn, 3 more months.

They have never checked my liscense at the track. EVER. If its suspended and you have the balls to drive your car to the track, its probably safer for you while you are racing at the track then driving to/from as far as getting caught without a valid CADL is concerned.

If you are getting a good dial in and consistent runs, you can usually get at least 5 runs in if you get there when it opens. This thread is more to let people know its an option. Seems like every year its only a handful of us that go semi-regularly and a random few people that hear about it and go 1-2x a year.

Id rather hit wednesday night drags. Less chances of the track being down. If there is a 9 sec car that crashes, its going to lay debris all down the track and it'll probably close after it. If some idiot blows his honda engine 17sec into his run at the 1/4 mile, it takes the people at infineon like 30min to clean up the mess. Plus we have awd... who needs that great of track prep? More spin = less brakeage, more hook= more breakage.

Hey edwin, how about you post up a thread entitled "sac/infineon test and tune" and post up the dates so that we know when it is and how much it costs instead of just coming in here and saying you dont like infineon...? Not trying to hate, id rather just have this thread somewhat positive to hopefully get more people to come out and race. It seems like the only "meets" that we have are like 4 of us hitting up infineon a few times a year. IF more people come out it'll be fun. And if we can organize a test and tune where 10 of us are there and get to line up with each other and get 40 runs in than thats even better! :thumb:

For sure, I'll do that later tonight or something when I have some time to look it up.

And by no means did I mean that if you only want to go to street legal drags that I'm hating, ### anytime you're racing, you're doing something right.

cool thanks man, im down for a test and tune, ive just never been to sac and know nothing about the system there, i heard its out in the boonies, but everyone runs better times there. Im down to check it out sometime this season. Ive just been racing at infineon since i got my liscense in high school so its what im used to doing. you could call it my home field! haha

If thats where you guys like to go I'm always down to make a trip out there with you guys. I've always been curious about Infineon, I mean...they do host the big events out there.

They have never checked my liscense at the track. EVER. If its suspended and you have the balls to drive your car to the track, its probably safer for you while you are racing at the track then driving to/from as far as getting caught without a valid CADL is concerned.

Do you think age matters on the track? Im only 17, turning 17 and a half on june or july. I can get my license then so i dont need the pink slip thing for the dmv. I can drive my car as long as i have a passenger older than 21y/o, as stated on the california drivers hand book.:sneaky: I dont have the guts to drive my car by my self. too risky to get my dsm impounded.

Do you think age matters on the track? Im only 17, turning 17 and a half on june or july. I can get my license then so i dont need the pink slip thing for the dmv. I can drive my car as long as i have a passenger older than 21y/o, as stated on the california drivers hand book.:sneaky: I dont have the guts to drive my car by my self. too risky to get my dsm impounded.
Haha, i used to take my dads car when i was 15 and drive around on just a permit with all my friends. I was about the same size i am now though, so it wasnt a big deal if i drove by a cop, i wasnt worried. (6'1" 235...probably like 215 then though when i played football)

Wait wednesday nights are braket racing?

Eh f*ck that

Bracket racing is fun!! you can practice 3 times and then get beat by a chevy van that runs 27.02 on a 27.00 dial in all day!

In all honesty though, its fun, if you are a consistent driver you will make it through the rounds. I usually get like 4-8 rounds when i go there. Well worth the $25 in my opinion. Although, i think test and tune is like $40 or something and you can get a hell of a lot of runs if you go on the right night.

I dont know, its closer for me, i live in sf and just dip up 101 to 37, if there is no traffic it takes like 30 min. Id rather do that then drive 2hrs to sac to race and potentially break something and need a tow back to SF.

Ill see, I'm guessing sac wednesday nights are braket as well right.

It's just really hard to tune a new setup when you're bracket racing. But if your car is set up and you're consistent, then yeah, it can be a lot of fun. Any racing is fun really when it comes down to it.

It's just really hard to tune a new setup when you're bracket racing. But if your car is set up and you're consistent, then yeah, it can be a lot of fun. Any racing is fun really when it comes down to it.

True dat!!!

IF your setup is dialed in and you dont have anything to do on a wed afternoon, come out to infineon and see how well/consistent you can drive your car.

If you're just getting your car setup and you want a safe place to tune it all, go to test and tune, then see how well you can drive it!

Edwin, where's the thread with the testntune info?!?

one question, you think they will trip if my car is missing a lug nut in one of the rear wheels? Or in other words.... will they even check?
That is what is stopping me to go.

Naw they probably wont notice. Let me look in my bins of old parts, i might have an extra one laying around for ya! You can also post up a WTB ad in the local classifieds section and someone will have one for you.

where the hell is the sacramento cmi test and tune thread???

Am i blind, or is it not in this forum anymore.....?

Anyways, ive been calling the shop all week thats supposed to fix my two suspension bolts, and now they are super busy, so i might not get my car fixed this coming week... I'll try to bug the f outta the guy to let me bring my car, but it might not happen.

Cool I just don't want to pay firt than have them tell me I can't race.
That thread was deleted by the way it looks like. There is a lot of stupid people in here.

one question, you think they will trip if my car is missing a lug nut in one of the rear wheels? Or in other words.... will they even check?
That is what is stopping me to go.

Thats not a problem, Ill help you fix that thing tomorrow when you get here. I think I have some spares. Ill look for them.:thumb:

Sick! Thanks nico.
I am one step closer for me to be able to make it haha.

ya send it to me if you cant post it and i will, i liked that thread! it was the first sac test and tune ...
And on that note, my car WONT be ready this weekend. I cant get the bolts fixed until next week.

Ive been installing my IE FPR kit the last two days (well i installed it yesterday and started fixing leaks today) and its leaking like a SOB!! i guess you arent supposed to use teflon tape on fuel lines... i went and bought some other stuff thats supposed to work, so i'll take off the FPR and re-do all the fittings with that stuff.

Maybe next saturday, or possibly a wednesday coming up... But not for at least a week.

Anybody else have their cars ready to race?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back