The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

02 sensor death

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIAWDTalon

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2002
Greensburg, Kentucky
What happens when your 02 sensor dies? I can read voltage through the S-AFC and it stays constant all the time, while my A/F meter does nothing. Everything was working fine untill last night when I was on my way home. The A/F gauge just died, and I checked the voltage through the "blue wire mod" on the S-AFC. I did'nt get a CEL and the car seems to run fine. Is my 02 sensor dead? Any help would be appreciated.

When O2 sensors die you gas milage sucks and your car get bog or sputter on boost.

Thanks for the input L2RTSIAWD, but the car seems to be running fine. There is no bog or stutter under boost, just a bunch of clutch slippage.

To everyone who replied...... Thanks! Turns out it was just a loose wire.OMG

Do you guys remember what wire from the Apexi S-AFC harness it was that would've been loose that in turn fixed this problem for you? Because both of my Sensor's voltage's are VERY low as well and don't seem to move THAT much... however they do still move. In my case do you think it would be a bad O2 sensor or bad connection? Thanks...

Originally posted by larryd
to answer your quetion if you ever wanna know for the future, the o2 sensor will stop cycling or changing from hi to low #s.. thats a sign that its shot :)

I got a CE light. It soo anyoing.

If your o2 sensor is indeed gone, isn't it supposed to throw a CEL making the check engine light come on? I ask only b/c I still think mine is going bad, but my check engine light doesn't show any thrown CEL's...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back