The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

02 housings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud92gsx

Welcome Wagon
Jan 16, 2008
Wisconsin, Wisconsin
Can I get pics of a 2g 02 housing please..I think I have one but the ceramic caoting is still not dry so I figured Id ask If someone could post pics of a 2g 02 housing , with the stamped numbers on it if possible..Thanks..

Well thats the problem I'm not at the garage anymore, so meat I can't post a pic..But I know It's much larger than the 1g, so I know it's not a 1g for sure..

So them what's the difference between the 2g and evo 3..Anybody know what the difference between the two are?

So them what's the difference between the 2g and evo 3..Anybody know what the difference between the two are?
Evo III is on the left in every pic.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

A ported 2g flows just as good as a stock evo o2 housing.
Not really. I've yet to see anyone port a 1G or 2G o2 housing to flow anywhere near a stock Evo III housing. It's physically not possible without porting the 2G housing so thin you'd grind a hole right through the side of it.

Manifolds are a different story.

Not really. I've yet to see anyone port a 1G or 2G o2 housing to flow anywhere near a stock Evo III housing. It's physically not possible without porting the 2G housing so thin you'd grind a hole right through the side of it.

I stand corrected. I thought I read some where that a ported 2g flows just as good as a stock evo one. sorry my mistake.

One thing to bear in mind with the EVO3 o2 housing, the outlet flange is clocked slightly different than a 1/2G, so if you bolt up your existing DP it'll twist up the flex section and possibly press into the t-case. I've run them that way and it'll usually still fit but something to consider.

Are the stamped numbers the same on the 1g and 2g..Cause i'm back in the garage and i see that the numbers are the same on the one I have on, And the one I want to put on..

Its at the top by the turbine housing..But it looks bigger than when I took off my stock one..Unless the 13g turbo has a different 02 housing as well..

I can tonight, but the stamped numbers both match..My stock one is 20 miles away in storage so I can't do that one..I gota get the turbo off anyhow, I broke 2 manifold bolts the long ones..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back