The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A 0 boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cfrakes

Proven Member
Jun 6, 2021
Idaho
So I have a 1999 eclipse RS with a 420a turbocharged motor that I just bought. The current engine is screwed so I'm throwing in a new one. My question is with putting it all back together is there a way to keep the turbo on the engine but run it at no boost without screwing with anything? I don't want to ruin a motor, and I honestly don't care about this one being turbocharged I just want it to run for a long time. Thanks

You probably should just buy a non turbo headers, put stock injectors on and stock ecu (if it has aftermarket ecu) you can get them fairly cheap and they're easy to install, I think if you're not going to run any boost, it's just meaningless to have a turbo setup, but if you really wanna keep it and run 0 boost, you can always disconnect the intake pipe so manifold won't get above atmosphere pressure, but I would just took all turbo stuff off and either sell it or keep it depending if you wanna add it later but if I were you, I'd at least would do a lot of research first, you just end up braking things since 420a is not really good platform for boosting in the first place

You probably should just buy a non turbo headers, put stock injectors on and stock ecu (if it has aftermarket ecu) you can get them fairly cheap and they're easy to install, I think if you're not going to run any boost, it's just meaningless to have a turbo setup, but if you really wanna keep it and run 0 boost, you can always disconnect the intake pipe so manifold won't get above atmosphere pressure, but I would just took all turbo stuff off and either sell it or keep it depending if you wanna add it later but if I were you, I'd at least would do a lot of research first, you just end up braking things since 420a is not really good platform for boosting in the first place
That was kind of my thought. I'll probably just remove it. The previous owner I just got this from definitely did not take care of this car so it's got work needing done to it, and that's why I got it for $300 so dealing without a turbo would be a lot less hassle. Where would you grab some stock headers ebay? Junkyard? Thanks.

That was kind of my thought. I'll probably just remove it. The previous owner I just got this from definitely did not take care of this car so it's got work needing done to it, and that's why I got it for $300 so dealing without a turbo would be a lot less hassle. Where would you grab some stock headers ebay? Junkyard? Thanks.
I've run eBay "racing" headers on my 420a years and they cost like $70 shipped, also gives a bit better sound and couple horses 😅

I've run eBay "racing" headers on my 420a years and they cost like $70 shipped, also gives a bit better sound and couple horses 😅
Yea... we're going to miss those days. Try searching for those now. They don't exist anymore, in fact I can't even find the DC 4-2-1 ones anymore either. These are sad times for 420a header options, I wonder which parts are going next...

Yea... we're going to miss those days. Try searching for those now. They don't exist anymore, in fact I can't even find the DC 4-2-1 ones anymore either. These are sad times for 420a header options, I wonder which parts are going next...
Check FB marketplace, I've seen plenty on sale there, even one dc421

I found stock manifold from eBay though;

I'm actually really surprised that they don't have eBay manifolds on sale

Check also DSM tuners classfields and maybe make a post

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back