The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

EPROM check

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twdorris

Supporting Vendor
Feb 13, 2003
Frederick, Maryland
Every once in a while, you might need to check whether an ECU really has an EPROM or not without opening the case. This page shows how to check.

Pin check through case

This came up today as a customer was asking how to check his ECU for an EPROM without voiding the warranty stickers that had been put on the case by some repair shop.

Thomas Dorris
ECMTuning, Inc.

Of course that would only work if its the original case ...
I've seen a few ecu's in different cases
I have a GVR-4 Ecu that is in I beleave it is a 93 A/t turbo non-eprom ecu Case
Just happens sometimes...

Of course that would only work if its the original case ...
Not sure I follow. You can still check to see if an EPROM is there or not without opening the case.

I've seen a few ecu's in different cases
Yes, it's very common, unfortunately. Salvage yards often open up several ECUs at once to look inside and then put covers back on in seemingly random order. :ohdamn:

I have a GVR-4 Ecu that is in I beleave it is a 93 A/t turbo non-eprom ecu Case
Right.. And looking at the case alone would lead you to believe it was a non-EPROM ECU. But you can look through the holes on the bottom side of the case to realize that there is, in fact, an EPROM inside despite what the cover says.

Thomas Dorris

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back