The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

FYI - MR downpipe and O2 housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calan

DSM Wiseman
Jan 16, 2007
OKC, Oklahoma
Just thought I would mention this, in case anyone else has come across this.

A while back, I bought the MR downpipe from SBR and bolted it up. It was advertised as a direct bolt-on for the stock turbo and O2 housing.

It fit... but barely. Aside from the pipe diameter/bolt problems (and rear flange angle since this was one of the early ones), the flex pipe was also tweaked slightly and snugged up against the oil pan.

Well now I'm putting my car back together, including a new EvoIII 16G, mani, and O2 housing. I test fit the downpipe, and it's a perfect fit. Apparently, this downpipe is actually made to bolt up to the Evo III O2 housing, which has a slightly different exhaust angle than the stocker. (RRE has a pic here)

So if you buy one of these for your stock turbo setup, do yourself a favor (in more ways than one) and upgrade your O2 housing to an Evo III at the same time ;)

I bolted mine up today and it fit just fine. The only thing with mine is the flex section is very close to the transfer case.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back