The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Viscous LSD B1G Differential - 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXlaunch

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 3, 2003
TexasUS
Does this mean I should have added some sort of LSD additive last time I changed the fluid in my 90 GSX??? I screwed up and did not add any additive to the rear end. Now the car makes a grinding noise when decelerating... :thumbdown Any help is appreciated.

I'd like to know the same thing. Hopefully someone who knows will offer their help.

Many high mileage 1G's have some sort of coast down rumble. My car does the same thing. I think it's because the rear diff pinion has too much freeplay, but I don't care enough to fix it yet.

Lately I have been driving the car much harder trying to get it tuned for the track and the grinding sound seems to be much queiter now. :confused:

yeah, i looked again at my rear end. My placard says "b1h" not "b1g". What's up with that?? It is limited slip.

mine is a three bolt; yours is 4...otherwise very weird.

B1G is the 90-91 and the B1H is 92 and on. I don't know what year the B1H ended. They are the same. They are both 4 bolts and lsd. The difference is that the half shafts to the hub are 3 bolt on the B1G and 4 bolt on the B1H.

Not to steal post but i think it still pertains so i bought a rear diff from a 1991 gsx 5spd. and its an A1A he said it is not limited slip but "open" and is 2.848 . could someone lead us to an interchange list? i have look everywhere and no one has anything posted about the diffrences. thanks and sorry for the post pirating.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back