The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

to dump or not to dump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-=TWITCH=-

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 4, 2002
Columbia, Missouri
I just got 3" exhaust and im having some creep problems. I have no Emissions here in KS so I was wondering If I should get a o2 housing that dumped to the atmosphere? I dont care to much about the noise actually kinda like it;) what should I do? I know a guy that will make me one for about 130

TWITCH

is your current o2 housing ported? If not, that might fix your creep issue. Then again, after checking your mods, I think you could spend your money on a few other things before going that route personally. I don't see that you have upgraded your exhaust from O2 back.

mind you, trooth is selling a brand new VP o2 dump tube in the classifieds section. I can vouch that its mint, as he bouht it from me when I bought my wastegate mounted o2 and neither of usi have ever used it..

I say go with the dumped housing. It will piss off the neighbors.

Going the dumped route is the only way to go if: noise is not an issue and the cops around your area dont mind you boostin all over the place. ;)

My o2 dump is louder then a mf. When you open it up, you will love the look on people faces. :D

yes what sound? and how do you do it? I have external tial waste gate thanks

Do you need to have an external wastegate to have the o2 dump?
I think that would sound mean as hell on the street. ( really dont know what it sounds like though....)

no you dont need an external gate to have the o2 dump.. all it does it dumps the exhaust when your wastegate opens at whatever its set to open instead of routing it back to the exhaust. its loud :)

I know I have posted this at least 10000 times, but just to restate my findings... With the 14b and 2.5" exhaust I had creep to 22 psi. I bought an external dump O2, and my dropped to exactly 22 psi ;) Even with the wastegate flapper disconnected, I got creep to 19-20 psi. Useless, IMO. I sold the following day. By doing some porting of everything but the O2, I got creep down to ~14 psi. Only porting done to the O2 was port match to the work I did in the turbine housing. And porting the flapper hole had a very small effect ;) You would be surprised by how wrong popular belief is when it comes to boost creep... Doing all of that work and experimenting over several weeks was an educational and eye opening experience for me. ;)

Oh yeah, the dumped housing made my car sound like a 88 "rust brown" Cavalier with no muffler. Nothing like my current real external setup. FWIW.

Originally posted by 95GSXracer
I know I have posted this at least 10000 times, but just to restate my findings... With the 14b and 2.5" exhaust I had creep to 22 psi. I bought an external dump O2, and my dropped to exactly 22 psi ;) Even with the wastegate flapper disconnected, I got creep to 19-20 psi. Useless, IMO. I sold the following day. By doing some porting of everything but the O2, I got creep down to ~14 psi. Only porting done to the O2 was port match to the work I did in the turbine housing. And porting the flapper hole had a very small effect ;) You would be surprised by how wrong popular belief is when it comes to boost creep... Doing all of that work and experimenting over several weeks was an educational and eye opening experience for me. ;)

Oh yeah, the dumped housing made my car sound like a 88 "rust brown" Cavalier with no muffler. Nothing like my current real external setup. FWIW.

well I need to try something

It has been proven that dumping to atmosphere on a large turbo will give you an icrease in power. But I doubt that the average person buying these with T25s, 14bs, and 16gs are outflowing thier exhaust, especially if they bought a 3" ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back