The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Anyone had any experience with this gt45 t4 turbo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ill let you know monday. its at the shop gettin the vband on, new wastegate, and oil lines put on. Its a brand new turbo that was put on it just before buying the car. when i drove it it had 20G on it before. im gonna rebuild the 20g and keep it in case something does happen with this turbo. or if this turbo isnt up to par then ill put the 20G back on. Its was dynoed at 387awp back in tennesse a few months back with the 20g on it(also had 264 hks at the time, but now back to stock cams). And he baught the gt45 when the seals started to go on the 20G. the only thing that lacks to be swapped on the car is are the cams. and maybe an electronic boost controller instead of the manual one on it now.

Do you have all the supporting mods to run a turbo that big?

Its got an eprom chipped by keydiver with a 8500 redline and capable of 37 psi on race gas. doubt ill hit either of those for a long time. but its got all of the essentials. Just gonna get some slicks, a electornic boost controller and probably an oem cf hood. Maybe a diff intercooler kit with shorter route in the near future. other then that its good to go. its got a walbro 255, 850cc injectors, arp hardware, all gauges need including egt, wideband,boost. balance shaft eliminator kit. Full apexi exhaust turbo back, tial bov. I actually like the way the 3rd gen rx7 wheels look on it. stance is nice and everything.

what do ya mean this could get good? and its having issue where it wont load my pics to photobucket. so when i get to my comp at home ill load em up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ill have to get the name of the rods and pistons, its got the cometic head gasket, arp hardware, port and polished head, upgraded springs and retainers, eprom chipped by keydiver, walbro 255, 850cc injectors, huge fmic obviously, tubular turbo manifold, tial bov, act 2900 clutch, fidanza lightweight flywheel, dejon intake, apexi exhaust turbo back, new kyb adjustables, short shifter, safc, all the gauges i need to keep everything monitored, balance shaft removed. I cant remember anything else right now. ill get back on later with the rest. just gonna run it safe at 11-13 psi for a lil while and see how things go.

like i said it needs a cf oem hood which is gonna be ordered within a month, some 264 or 272 cams, new wheels eventually. other then that im happy with it.
gonna rebuild my 20G for a back up, or if things dont seem to go right with this turbo ill just go back to the 20G.

The GT45 that you linked up from ebay is way larger than the turbo you got on your car.... If you were to stuff a REAL GT45 in a 1g engine bay you would need a civic radiator and a torch to cut out half the engine bay just for space..... The gt45 that is on your car now is a badly named Cheap ebay turbo that is supposedly = to a T66 of some sort.... Here is another EBAY GT45 link LOL....
eBay Motors: GT45 Turbo/Turbocharger T4/T66 3.5" V-band 1.05 A/R (item 330264627078 end time Aug-28-08 01:43:12 PDT)

HERE is a picture of a Gt45R and a 2g engine bay, you in now way shape or form have a real gt45 turbo....

i know its not a real gt45. I realize its a knockoff brand tryin to be named gt45. Im gonna run it at about 8-13 psi for a while and see how it goes. if its not up to par then ill just switch back to my 20G. so i dont need ne more pictures of the other one. i was just askin if ne one had any experience with this turbo. im using it until i get my 20g rebuilt at least. if it runs good then ill continue to use it. i know it was tuned to 387 awhp when the 20g was on at about 25 psi. but its gonna be a while till i go anywhere close to that.

Rebuild kits for the 20g are all over ebay. Hows the rad clearance, I don't own a 1g but it seems to me like the turbo is taking up the rad space. I guess you'll be running a half sized rad right.

Stock radiator is gonna work fine. not a ton of clearence, but plenty for everyday driving, which is what ill be doin for a while before i make any track appearances. Wont be raging on it for a while.

The GT45 that you linked up from ebay is way larger than the turbo you got on your car.... If you were to stuff a REAL GT45 in a 1g engine bay you would need a civic radiator and a torch to cut out half the engine bay just for space..... The gt45 that is on your car now is a badly named Cheap ebay turbo that is supposedly = to a T66 of some sort.... Here is another EBAY GT45 link LOL....
eBay Motors: GT45 Turbo/Turbocharger T4/T66 3.5" V-band 1.05 A/R (item 330264627078 end time Aug-28-08 01:43:12 PDT)

HERE is a picture of a Gt45R and a 2g engine bay, you in now way shape or form have a real gt45 turbo....

Photoshoped photoshoped! Godzilla! ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back