The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Virtual Engine Tour? Valve cover? Cam Angle Sensor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xploitn

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 19, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Is there a virtual engine tour link that still works? All the ones that I've searched for are down or broken.
What is this line?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

should I get a new valve cover that is already powdercoated? Or should I take mine to get media blasted and powdercoated locally? Will the lettering come out that perfect, silvery, media blasted aluminum color? (This is not a daily driver)

Finally, am I missing my Cam Angle Sensor?

Thanks for all your help, I'm still learning :)

The big line you are pointing to is the AC line to the condensor. You do have a CAS, the 95-96 is located under the intake cam gear. The 97-99 have their CAS where the black plug is that you pictured. For your valve cover you have a ton of options. You can paint,polish,powdercoat or shave it.

I believe that line is an A/C line if i'm not mistaken. As for the CAS I think some models of the 4g63 had them in that location, but if i'm not mistaken, not all of them were? your may be on the other side of the engine by your timing belt.

The 95-96 CAS is here:

97-99 is here, this is my stock 97:

Brian is right, if it was connected it would most likely be pressurized, so you'd have to bleed your AC system first before you started yanking lines or you'd shower yourself with freon.

It normally runs to the A/C compressor that mounts to the back of the block just above the axle. If one end of the line is already disconnected, you can disconnect the other end.

I was just reading other threads and saw where you posted a pic of someone pulling their engine and showing the location of the A/C compressor.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/426439-removing-c-condenser-lines.html

Thanks again

The A/C compressor has its own belt right? (I'm 90% sure) Is the third upper pulley on the A/C belt just for clearance/positioning?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back