The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

TCE 1G Front Drag kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd TCE

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 17, 2003
Looking to see if there's any interest in this idea. Not that it hasn't been done by anyone yet on their own but wondering if there is some interest if we did this at the price point of $749?

I'm thinking some FBDL calipers, alum rotor hats, light weight drilled rotors and some Poly D pads, including hoses. (those 4 line front hoses drive up your costs!)

Thoughts?

*Yes optional red, optional pads, optional scalloped etc etc.

EDIT OCTOBER 21st
Please Read​

I've gotten a number of questions regarding these kits that has me concerned (again) that many of you are looking at these as an option for your daily driver. These kits were posted here in the DRAG RACING section for a reason; their primary use is drag racing. I do not condone the use of light weight 11.75 drilled or scalloped rotors and non parking brake kits etc for daily street use. The supplied rotor is not scalloped for this reason also knowing in part that the car may be driven to the drag strip. The primary goal here is cost effective weight reduction and acceptable brake performance for moderate stopping needs ONE time at the end of the 1/4 mile.

Last edited:
Don't mean to be off topic, but do have a rear kit in mind, they are a bigger hindrance.

Awesome price on the fronts.

I don't at this point but I think I could consider one. Problem I know of is that AWD and FWD don't interchange for brackets and hats and all....not good.

I've got a trailing arm here however that could be used for building such a beast.

I would be interested in the near future when I have the extra money (couple months).

Wave Rotors would be cool. Like stm`s kit but cheaper.

Looking to see if there's any interest in this idea. Not that it hasn't been done by anyone yet on their own but wondering if there is some interest if we did this at the price point of $749?

I'm thinking some FBDL calipers, alum rotor hats, light weight drilled rotors and some Poly D pads, including hoses. (those 4 line front hoses drive up your costs!)

Thoughts?

*Yes optional red, optional pads, optional scalloped etc etc.

How much weight would it save :sneaky:

Definitely interested as the Brake Man stuff is into the stratosphere in the pricing dept. It's beautiful and the calipers are less than 2 lbs. but there's no way I would spend $2100 on front brakes(short of winning the lottery.) I'd buy your road race set up before that. So, obviously, the weight reduction would be the biggest thing here....and the price is super.....more info please when you get the chance....

UPDATES:

2G application: Yes from everything I see this is a direct fit to the 2G car also. The hose kit being the only difference.

Weight: Based upon adding up some items here I will estimate the total weight to be about 15lbs per corner.

Rotors: I've opted to keep this now using the drilled UL32 based upon cost. If you'd like to sub the scalloped (vented, not solid) rotor the cost will be $60 more. It also reduces the rotor weight by 1.8lbs per rotor. Keep in mind that the design will allow the installation of all .810 vented rotors from these to the heavier GT versions etc. You are not locked in to one option should you later feel the need for a more streetable model. (or swap out from one to the other?)

Zero Drag: I assume you mean is there drag on the rotor by way of the pads? This sounds like some great buzz verbiage from another manufacture. All Wilwood calipers have square cut seals you can be certain that piston retraction will be effective yet minimal assuring you of quick response at the time of application. No longer used are round seals which tend to both 'roll up' and provide excessive pull back which leads to longer pedal travel and slow response time.

When and details:
I have the brackets in a CAD drawing now. Rotors, hats, calipers etc are but a few days out on my weekly stocking order. I should be able to package up kits within a week to ten days. How many brackets and parts will remain in stock will depend a bit on the response from you guys. I don't need 20 brackets collecting dust...

Best offer: I'll offer up the first 1G and first 2G buyer a flat cost of $675 shipped. (US only) and see where this goes. Prepaid, delivery time based upon order date, figure 2wks to your door pending my shop test fit etc. I figure if I have no takers for $675 then I'll know we don't really have a strong market for this.

I think it's a cool and functional kit for the needs of the drag racer. It will be streetable to the extent that with proper street pads and maybe a slightly heavier rotor you'll see similar performance to oem brakes. *This is not a road racing set up for a number of obvious (or not) reason so please don't ask me for opinions for that use.

1G REAR KIT

Here's what I have for you:

11.75 x .350 solid rotor, drilled, DynaLite Single, Alum hats, Brackets and hardware, Hose kit, pads.

Bolt on kit, complete...$749
Red by special order $100
Scalloped by spcl order $130 (not drilled)
Weight: lighter than the front kit

First kit, beta tester $675 shipped.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Why would you want or need more pistons? And drive up the weight and cost. Pads being smaller here about all you're giving up is pad life.

I could put a 4 x 1.00 on the rear as I have on the bigger kits but then you're into heavier vented rotors also. Don't see any need for it.

Why would you want or need more pistons? And drive up the weight and cost. Pads being smaller here about all you're giving up is pad life.

I could put a 4 x 1.00 on the rear as I have on the bigger kits but then you're into heavier vented rotors also. Don't see any need for it.

Check your pms :thumb:

Best offer: I'll offer up the first 1G and first 2G buyer a flat cost of $675 shipped. (US only) and see where this goes. Prepaid, delivery time based upon order date, figure 2wks to your door pending my shop test fit etc. I figure if I have no takers for $675 then I'll know we don't really have a strong market for this.

I will be buying at least a front kit in the next couple of months if you still have any (I hope you do). I will probably go with the scalloped rotors due to the extra weight savings.

Todd I plan on getting a front and rear set from you hopefully next month. I would be happy to work with you.

I like the idea of as light as possible, my car never sees the street for anything other then a test pull but I want to make sure the brakes are a little better then stock as my upgraded pads and lines arent cutting it anymore.

I would want the scalloped rotor option as well.

Damn I want these, thanks for working on this new 1G stuff is rare these days.

I'm more of a street setup with the occasional track day (30k/yr with about 3-5 drag days), will these work well for me?

I usually see a good amount of street time :wink:

I'm in after actual pics and if it fits on a 2g.

Ye have no faith? LOL

I've got the spindles for both in the shop. Not to worry they'll both be test fit here before they'd be shipped out. I did find about .010" difference between the two but I don't think we'll sweat that.

Damn I want these, thanks for working on this new 1G stuff is rare these days.

I'm more of a street setup with the occasional track day (30k/yr with about 3-5 drag days), will these work well for me?

I usually see a good amount of street time :wink:

Surprisingly I'm seeing more import drag stuff of late than before. Used to be more road racing stuff but now I guess straight line may be cheaper and more convenient for a lot of folks. Didn't really know if the 1G or 2G was going to be more popular. And still don't. Guess we'll see what shakes out.

Thanks for the support.

I'll be in as well for Scallopped rotors for a 2g front setup soon. Motor work is first on the list though... This sounds promising!!!

I'm already assuming these will clear 15" wheels???

Surprisingly I'm seeing more import drag stuff of late than before. Used to be more road racing stuff but now I guess straight line may be cheaper and more convenient for a lot of folks. Didn't really know if the 1G or 2G was going to be more popular. And still don't. Guess we'll see what shakes out.

Thanks for the support.

you get my pm? Im ready for these :hellyeah:

I do have everyone's pm who has asked for more info.

I did run the clearance requirements and while not quite as good as I'd hoped they are as follows:

The outer radius is 6.67" and should pose no problems on many 15" wheels. The 11.75 rotor kit is normal for a "drag" kit fit. However it also depends upon where the drop center of the wheel is. (in fact I do a 12.25" kit inside a Bogart 15 for the Charger...)

The caliper overhang is 3/4" above the deck- meaning the caliper is .75" outboard of the wheel mount surface. All this info is listed now on the Wheel Fit page. While it may be possible to move the 2G kits inboard a bit more with a deeper hat it is not possible on the 1G at a cost effective price point. *(the rear kit for a 1G is more wheel friendly at just over 1/2")

For you 2G guys with questions on rear kits, I have already done a rear 11.75 vented four pot set up. I also show a DLS on 11.75 done some years ago. I'd have to dig for more info...

Before we all go off the deep end on getting things that may or may not fit, let's take a look at some of your wheels and see if we in fact have the necessary clearances. On my end I will get some parts here in the shop to verify the fit on my end.

If you list the measurements you are looking for, I will take some from my 15" Drag Dr17's I am running on my 2g.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back