The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

This is how to brake the 9sec barrier!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuzco

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2005
Reykjavik, Europe
god dam thats crazy. dident break anything this time :hellyeah:. also what is the lever next to the E-brake?

There's no such thing as a transmission brake on a DSM. That's what's called a "staging brake".

Nice, staging brake helps a lot in keepin the shock down!

Whoa, is that a SAFC I see near the radio?

Thanks guys. Yeah the blue knobed handle is my staging brake. It's nice to use it.
I'm now running a BorgWarner S366 T3 turbo on 43psi on those runs. I use a Hallman pro mbc. The Avcr is not even plugged in. No way it's a safc WTF ;)

Just updated my profile. This puts me kinda high in the 1/4mile list. Not bad for a DIY guy. No nos and all stock steel parts on car. Not gutted but no rear seats and rear interior. Is has roll cage, heater, outside mirrors, wipers and lights. Fully legal on the streets (has only downpipe for racing)

Congrats man the car is flying! I just got my car up and running with a s366 as well. I am running the .91 divided t4. Haven't been able to open it up yet but I can't wait!

The modlist if anyone cares ;)

6bolt
Stock crank
Eagle H beam rods
Wiseco pistons .020 over 9:1
Acl bearings
Oem mls hg
Map A1 H11/L19 head studs

Port matched and polished myself
Bc 280cams
Manley springs and titanium retainer
Kiggly HLA regulator
Evo rollers
Reviced lifters
Fidanza cam gears
Power enterprice timing belt
Clear cam cover
Magnus street intake manifold w/stock throttle body

Aem Ems for mangement
Set up for speed density
Aem wideband
Autometer boost gauge only 30psi
Aem serial gauge
Greddy egt

Rewired walbro 255
Inline Bosch 044
Fic 1650cc Bluemax injectors
Aeromotive fpr 43psi base

Dnp T3 manifold
Borg Warner S366 T3 @43psi
Tial 44mm wastegate
Hallman mbc

Custom 3" race downpipe
Custom 2.5" intercoolerpipes w/ tial 50mm bov
Sbr evo intercooler modified 3" thick

Converted to 4 bolt rear end
Reardiff solid mounted
QuarterMaster Twin Disc 7.25" V-Drive Clutch
Self rebuilt 91 trans w/welded center diff and double syncro 2nd gear
23 spline transfer case
Dss 3.5" driveshaft
Threespeed shatter shield
Driveshaft loop

Relocated alternaor
Prothane motormounts
Tein ss coilover
Strut towerbar
Fluidine Rad
2G front brakes w/slotted disks and hawk pads
Slotted rear disks
Goodridge braided lines
CNC brakes staging brake
Lico/sparco seats driver and passanger
Gforce and sparco belts
Rollcage
Rota sliptstream 16" Wrapped in 26" quick time pro's

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Yeah the blue knobed handle is my staging brake. It's nice to use it.
I'm now running a BorgWarner S366 T3 turbo on 43psi on those runs. I use a Hallman pro mbc. The Avcr is not even plugged in. No way it's a safc WTF ;)

Just updated my profile. This puts me kinda high in the 1/4mile list. Not bad for a DIY guy. No nos and all stock steel parts on car. Not gutted but no rear seats and rear interior. Is has roll cage, heater, outside mirrors, wipers and lights. Fully legal on the streets (has only downpipe for racing)

Very sweet setup bro. :thumb: Any pics of the setup if you don't mind?

Congrats man the car is flying! I just got my car up and running with a s366 as well. I am running the .91 divided t4. Haven't been able to open it up yet but I can't wait!

Im running the exact same turbo. I havent tried more than 25psi really. Im waiting for a few things to try out 40psi on c16. :hellyeah:

Awesome stuff, and it's almost a full interior car yet. What's up with the lines in the 3rd video?

Very sweet setup bro. :thumb: Any pics of the setup if you don't mind?
Thanks. I'll see what I can find,

Im running the exact same turbo. I havent tried more than 25psi really. Im waiting for a few things to try out 40psi on c16. :hellyeah:
That should get it moving! :D

Car looks great, sounds great, and 9.6 is movin, congrats:thumb:
Thank you!

Awesome stuff, and it's almost a full interior car yet. What's up with the lines in the 3rd video?
Thanks. I took everything in the rear out. I'll put it in again now and remove the cage. A true 9sec street car :D
My friends camera got f**d up or something ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back