The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

new CF 2gb turbo spoiler... thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gofer

Feb 18, 2006
South Gilbert, Arizona
i bought a cf turbo spoiler and did the usual thing and slapped it on in place of of the stocker... well, it looked out of place and tacky so i came up with the idea to paint it kind of like the evo VIII / IX wing.

before the paint...
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o472/gofer1985/photo-5.jpg

close up iPhone pics of it painted...
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o472/gofer1985/cf%20spoiler%20pics/photo-3.jpg
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o472/gofer1985/photo-4.jpg

actual DSLR picture...
Cf Spoiler - 2009 blue angels airshow with the new CF turbo spoiler DSMtuners Gallery

heres the new project... :hmm:
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o472/gofer1985/photo-2.jpg

let me know what you think... i like it but it could be because it was my idea, id like another DSMr's opinion.

:dsm:

Dude thats bad ass. I was gonna do the CF bottom bumper for my friends car but I don't think I'm gonna do that anymore. The wing just looks amazing. Good way to make it match.

+1 very clean and looks great now i want a CF spoiler. Nice work man

Looks sick man! For the new project maybe you can paint the top and middle part and leave the concave parts CF? Just a thought :) Post a pic of the new project when its done! :thumb:

Looks great I cant wait to get my carbon fiber 2Ga Talon thumb nail wing and put my back lip on too! The wing came out great and it looks alot better now with that back lip. :thumb:

dude, you got some f*****d up toes.... LOL

hahha. leave my feet alone, i did it for the sake of that rear cf lip... try wearing steel toed boots everyday for 4 years and 2 years of thats out at sea with NO dry socks, then we'll see what your toes look like.
i know by the looks of my feet i belong under a bridge but thanks for noticing...LOL

on a side note im glad to see the cf painted evo style spoiler wasn't a $400 FAIL! like i usually see when people play with the looks on these cars. at least a few of us think its appealing to the DSM'r eye...

thanks for all the compliments and im sorry if you were eating when you looked through my pictures.

This is by far the sweetest spoiler set up ive seen. If i get a CF spoiler i may just have to do the same thing

I guess I'm going to be the first to say I don't like it. :hmm: You get kudo's for doing something different with the spoiler. Also with the rear lip I don't like that either I just like the cf exhaust heatshield. But Gofer I have always been a fan of your clean 2G. :thumb:

Corey,

Looks F-ing Bad azz (period)

I have to say I do not like the lower Cf part. If it looked more like the jdm rear on the evo I'd be all about it. But the spoiler did come out absolutely gorgeous! I think as good as it looks with red, it would look better on white. but you know me =)

We need to do a photo shoot!
I'm cleaning the evo tomorrow, so hows this weekend??

I guess I'm going to be the first to say I don't like it. :hmm: You get kudo's for doing something different with the spoiler. Also with the rear lip I don't like that either I just like the cf exhaust heatshield. But Gofer I have always been a fan of your clean 2G. :thumb:
im good with 1 in 18 don't like it... i just wanted to do something different than just buy a clear coated cf part and toss it on like the rest. I am still debating whether i even like this cf rear lip thats got the craftsmanship of an 8th grader. :shhh: we'll see though, its nothing that can't be removed! thanks again for the clean 2g compliments... always been a fan of yours too.
This is by far the sweetest spoiler set up ive seen. If i get a CF spoiler i may just have to do the same thing
even though you might not like it project2g it looks like one might hit the streets of denver soon if njb12287 has anything to do with it. LOL

Corey,

Looks F-ing Bad azz (period)

I have to say I do not like the lower Cf part. If it looked more like the jdm rear on the evo I'd be all about it. But the spoiler did come out absolutely gorgeous! I think as good as it looks with red, it would look better on white. but you know me =)

We need to do a photo shoot!
I'm cleaning the evo tomorrow, so hows this weekend??
before i figure out how im going to mount it im going to figure out how to trim it and remove some off the top and change the corners a bit. (if i can figure out how to cut the cf though) if not ill take a shot at installing it and then see how it looks from further than 6ft away since thats as far as i could get away while still holding it to the car with my toes. ;)
you would think a cf spoiler done like that would look better on a white or graphite gray car wouldn't you?! :thumb: wonder why?
this weekend OKTOBERFEST! haha. but its a 3 day weekend for us military so im sure it will work out, where to do the photoshoot is the next question. text me.

Thanks again for all the compliments on the spoiler, i think its there to stay!

I only like those on black 2G's since it blends in. Unpainted ofcourse. Quick question for you. What made you go with buying cf parts for the rear of the vehicle instead of saving weight on something like a cf hood?

I only like those on black 2G's since it blends in. Unpainted ofcourse. Quick question for you. What made you go with buying cf parts for the rear of the vehicle instead of saving weight on something like a cf hood?

haha... well. the cf hood ive always wanted they don't make anymore so ive been waiting to find one for sale. when that cf rear lip group buy came along i jumped all over it (my first cf piece) but i thought it was going to to look out of place back there. thats when i decided to go with the cf spoiler actually... i do like cf if its done tastefully, sometimes it just looks out of place though (fenders). next def. will be a hood and hatch but im hoping i find the hood i want or ill just settle for the OEM.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back