The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

420a fuel rail problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob8U24

Probationary Member
Oct 28, 2009
Keystone Hieght, Florida
i bought a fuel kit from CI motor sports that came with an OBX intake manifold, OBX fuel Rail and accel fuel injectors. Yes i know i OBX isnt the best in the world and i probably shouldnt have bought it cause now im paying for it. but i can not stop leaking fuel from the fuel rail to the the injectors. i have tried everything to stop the leak. i did stop it for a little bit by backing up the main oring with a smaller one but now its just leaking again. i decided i can just get rid of the crappy OBX fuel rail but the original doesn't seem to wanna line up at all n work. does anyone have a suggestion? a different fuel rail that will work with the intake manifold? i do not want to get rid of the intake manifold cause then ill fell like i just wasted 400$ on the kit. i just finished rebuilding the engine from scratch n i need this car running and my patiance is starting to run low :mad::banghead:

I have a big O-ring kit already, and i have already taken the Fuel Rail and the injectors to a friend who owns a hydraulic shop. it looks like the bore on the fuel rail is to big for any o-ring that will seal around the injector. its not leaking on all the injectors its just the one on the far left side. i was reading on here about somebody with a similar problem but he never said anything about how he fixed it.

thats what happens when you buy crap parts..most of us dont buy crap, so we dont have problems like that..

heres the fix: go back to stock rail, and i would ditch that obx junk you got to.. look inside, the runners are all terrible.. etc.. and big oring kit? really?

sorry man, jus go back to stock , and sell those parts. I cant imagine you have a set up the *requires* an upgraded rail. other then that there is no fixing the rail.

+1 stock is way more than you will need. Sell those crap parts.

i bought a fuel kit from CI motor sports that came with an OBX intake manifold, OBX fuel Rail and accel fuel injectors. Yes i know i OBX isnt the best in the world and i probably shouldnt have bought it cause now im paying for it. but i can not stop leaking fuel from the fuel rail to the the injectors. i have tried everything to stop the leak. i did stop it for a little bit by backing up the main oring with a smaller one but now its just leaking again. i decided i can just get rid of the crappy OBX fuel rail but the original doesn't seem to wanna line up at all n work. does anyone have a suggestion? a different fuel rail that will work with the intake manifold? i do not want to get rid of the intake manifold cause then ill fell like i just wasted 400$ on the kit. i just finished rebuilding the engine from scratch n i need this car running and my patiance is starting to run low :mad::banghead:

I also got burned on a Obx fuel rail.I bought it at Meyers speed shop.K. meyers told me that if there is a problem bring it back and he would return it to OBX.Well I brought it back and OBX wouldn't take it back because I ran gas through it.The guy from OBX is a real scumbag.I was told tat he only helps out the guys with american made cars.

thats what happens when you buy crap parts..most of us dont buy crap, so we dont have problems like that..

heres the fix: go back to stock rail, and i would ditch that obx junk you got to.. look inside, the runners are all terrible.. etc.. and big oring kit? really?

sorry man, jus go back to stock , and sell those parts. I cant imagine you have a set up the *requires* an upgraded rail. other then that there is no fixing the rail.
the injector holes are over machined and the mounting bracket is useless!

Yes me 2. I had the OBX intake and fuel rail on my 95 420a that came with the car and after 1 month of boost leaks and fuel leaks I ditched it for a stock system and it is perfect. No wonder the person I bought the car from couldn't get it to run right. By the way I have a OBX intake and Fuel rail for sale, Cheap!

Yah well i did end up ditching the OBX parts n went back to stock rail and intake manifold and the car has been running fine for a couple months now, no more leaks. so now i'm trying to piece together a turbo kit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back