The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Dash Harness Talon TSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InsaneBoyQC

Probationary Member
Feb 13, 2009
Drummondville, Quebec_Canada
I need to know the pinout of a connector under the dash near to ecu in a talon tsi 1991 ... i'm trying to joint a dahs harness of a colt 1993 with engine harness of a talon tsi 1991 .. the only connector i'm not able to joint is the one in the center of the picture ... this is not my harness ! mine is in better condition! please help me!!!!

Attachments

• 2ik8jye.jpg
    2ik8jye.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2,041
The connector in the center of the picture (the big white one) is an intermediate connector known as a "control wiring harness and body wiring harness combination" connector. For 1990 models, it is a 16-pin connector; for 1991+ it is an 18-pin connector, though neither the number of wires (as far as I can tell) nor the wire locations changed at that time. Those who have swapped a '90 engine harness with into a '91+ car or vice versa will recognize this connector as being one requiring attention.

Check here to reference the inside junction block fuses: 1G Driver Side Kick Panel Fuse Box Cover

Here's a pin-out for a 1990 (functionality for each wire is believed and assumed to be the same as 1991+, but I don't have a wiring diagram to prove that):
1 – LW, blue w/ white stripe
2 – L, blue
3 – BW, black w/ white stripe
4 – GY, green w/ yellow stripe
5 – W, white
6 – LY, blue w/ yellow stripe
7 – LB, blue w/ black stripe
8 – YG, yellow w/ green stripe
9 – LR, blue w/ red stripe
10 – LB, blue w/ black stripe
11 – GW, green w/ white stripe
12 – RL, red w/ blue stripe
13 – R, red
14 – YG, yellow w/ green stripe
15 – LO, blue w/ orange stripe
16 – LR, blue w/ red stripe

Here's a pin-out for a 1991+ male-connector:
1 – LW, blue w/ white stripe – pin 4 of Wiper Motor (front) to pin 7 of Steering Column Switch
2 – L, blue (FSM shows the male side to be LG, blue w/ green stripe) – pin 3 of Wiper Motor (front) to pin 8 on inside junction block (fuse 9, "Wiper")
3 – BW, black w/ white stripe – pin 1 (only pin) of Magnetic Clutch (A/C) to pin 3 of Magnetic Clutch Relay (A/C)
4 – GY, green w/ yellow stripe – intersects wiring running between pin 1 of the Dual Pressure Switch (A/C) and pin 7 of the ECU to run to pin 4 of the Magnetic Clutch Relay (A/C)
5 – W, white -
  • 1.8L: pin 2 of CRC filter to pin 12 (tachometer) on the Gauge Cluster;
  • 2.0L: intercepts pin 4 of Ignition Power Transistor running to pin 109 of ECU to run instead to pin 12 (tachometer) on Gauge Cluster
6 – LY, blue w/ yellow stripe - pin 3 (control valve) of Auto-Cruise Control Vacuum Pump to pin 13 of Auto-Cruise Control Unit
7 – LB, blue w/ black stripe - pin 4 (motor) of Auto-Cruise Control Vacuum Pump to pin 26 of Auto-Cruise Control Unit
8 – Empty
9 – YG, yellow w/ green stripe - pin 1 of Brake Fluid Level Sensor to pin 66 of Gauge Cluster
10 – LR, blue w/ red stripe - pin 1 of Wiper Motor (front) to pin 3 of Steering Column Switch
11 – LB, blue w/ black stripe - pin 2 of Wiper Motor (front) to pin 4 of Steering Column Switch
12 – GW, green w/ white stripe - pin 1 of the Air Conditioning Control Unit to pin 2 of the A/C Dual Pressure Switch and to pin 4 of Condenser Fan Motor Relay
13 – RL, red w/ blue stripe –
  • AUTO, -1992: pin 11 on Park/Neutral Position Switch to back up lights;
  • AUTO, 1993+, Non-Turbo: pin 6 on Park/Neutral Position Switch to back up lights;
  • AUTO, 1993+, Turbo: pin 5 on Park/Neutral Position Switch to back up lights;
  • MANUAL: pin 2 on Back-Up Light Switch to back up lights
14 – R, red –
  • AUTO, -1992: pin 16 on inside junction block (fuse 18, "Back") to pin 10 on the Park/Neutral Position Switch;
  • AUTO, 1993+, Non-Turbo: pin 16 on inside junction block (fuse 18, "Back") to pin 7 on the Park/Neutral Position Switch;
  • AUTO, 1993+, Turbo: pin 16 on inside junction block (fuse 18, "Back") to pin 6 on the Park/Neutral Position Switch;
  • MANUAL: pin 16 on inside junction block (fuse 18, "Back") to pin 1 on Back-Up Light Switch
15 – YG, yellow w/ green stripe - pin 1 of Engine Coolant Temperature Gauge Unit to pin 10 of Gauge Cluster
16 – LO, blue w/ orange stripe - pin 1 of Auto-Cruise Control Vacuum Pump to pin 1 on Stop Light Switch
17 – LR, blue w/ red stripe - pin 2 (release valve) of Auto-Cruise Control Vacuum Pump to pin 12 on Auto-Cruise Control Unit
18 – Empty

Last edited by a moderator:
The one on the left is also a "control wiring harness and body wiring harness combination" connector (there are a few of these connectors).

It is a 6-pin connector and the wires are as follows.

1 – W, white – runs from the 30A (IGN) fuse on the positive battery terminal to pin 6 of the Ignition Switch
2 – BY, black w/ yellow stripe –
  • AUTO, -1992: runs from pin 5 of the Ignition Switch to pin 8 of the Park/Neutral Position Switch;
  • AUTO, 1993+, Non-Turbo: runs from pin 5 of the Ignition Switch to pin 5 of the Park/Neutral Position Switch;
  • AUTO, 1993+, Turbo: runs from pin 5 of the Ignition Switch to pin 8 of the Park/Neutral Position Switch;
  • MANUAL, 1.8L: Not positive as there may be an error in the FSM; I believe it runs from pin 5 of the Starting Relay to pin 7 of the MFI Control Relay
  • MANUAL, 2.0L: runs from pin 3 of the Starting Relay to pin 9 of the MFI Control Relay
3 – L, blue – runs from pin 2 of Defogger Timer (rear) to Pin 3 of Defogger Relay (rear)
4 – YW, yellow w/ white stripe – runs from pin 18 of the ECU to pin 59 of the Gauge Cluster
5 – BW (large), black w/ white stripe –
  • 1.8L: runs from pin 2 on the large Distributor Assembly connector to pin 4 of the Ignition Switch;
  • 2.0L: runs from pin 4 of Ignition Switch to pin 110 of ECU
6 – BW (small), black w/ white stripe –
  • 1.8L: runs from pin 2 of the Fuel Pump to pin 109 of the ECU;
  • 2.0L, FWD: runs from pin 2 of the Fuel Pump to pin 13 of the ECU as well as pin 2 of the MFI Control Relay;
  • 2.0L, AWD: runs from pin 1 of the Fuel Pump and Gauge Assembly to pin 13 of the ECU as well as pin 2 of the MFI Control Relay

The one on the right – again, called a "control wiring harness and body wiring harness combination" - is just a single wire.

1 – BR, black w/ red stripe – runs from pin 4 of the Defogger Relay to pin 2 of the Defogger Switch.

What location of the interior did the foam covered connector come from? I really can't see the connector or pin locations of the wires well enough from those pictures to guess at it. Better pictures of the connector and maybe a listing of the wire colors in some ordered fashion would help tremendously.

male plug looking at the pins left to right top row, green, red w/green stripe , white , yellow , blue w/red stripe , black w/orange stripe , black. bottom row, blank , red w/black strip , red w/black stripe , blank , green w/white stripe , blank.

im actually unsure of where it came from. my friend pulled out the interior part of the tear down

This one comes from more underneath the center console. The others (above) are all near the passenger kick panel (by the door). Check the last few posts of this thread, like post #15 and down, on descriptions of the plug variations: Can't find where this clip goes -- Post #15

For the 91-94 MANUAL harness, we have this, yet another "control wiring harness and body wiring harness combination" (not confusing at all ROFL):

1 – Empty
2 – GW, green w/ white stripe – runs from pin 5 of the Auto-Cruise Control Unit to pin 2 on the Throttle Position Sensor
3 – Empty
4 – RB, red w/ black stripe – runs from pin 2 of the Magnetic Clutch Relay (A/C) to pin 65 of the ECU
5 – RB, red w/ black stripe – runs from pin 2 of the inside junction block (no fuse; looking at the back side of the JB, top right connector, farthest right and second highest pin is pin 2) to pin 103 of the ECU
6 – Empty
7 – B, black – runs from pin 14 of Auto-Cruise Control Unit to grounding location 7 (which, for those who are interested, is the one pictured here on the passenger side of the center console: Cant find where this clip goes -- Post #4)
8 – BO, black w/ orange stripe (my diagrams show RL, red w/ blue) – this one confuses me more than anything:
FWD: runs from pin 11 of ECU to no connection;
AWD, -1992: runs from pin 11 of ECU to ABS Control Unit (for the life of me, I can't find what pin; so suffice it to say it is AWD and ABS related somehow);
AWD, 1993+: runs from pin 11 of ECU to no connection (again, for the life of me, I don't see why this would be different from the 1992 models)
9 – BR, black w/ red stripe – runs from pin 3 of the ECU to pin 6 of the Gauge Cluster (Boost Gauge, turbo only)
10 – LR, blue w/ red stripe – runs from pin 4 of Power Window Relay to pin 3 of inside junction block 10A fuse (fuse 3, "Heater Relay" -- again, reference this: 1G Driver Side Kick Panel Fuse Box Cover)
11 – Y, yellow – runs from pin 1 of the ECU to pin 1 of the Data Link Connector (Diagnostic Port)
12 – W, white – runs from pin 2 of the ECU to pin 10 of the Data Link Connector (Diagnostic Port)
13 – RG, red w/ green stripe – runs from pin 64 of ECU to pin 8 (CEL light) on the Gauge Cluster
14 – G, green –
  • 1.8L: runs from pin 4 of Auto-Cruise Control Unit to pin 4 (Closed Throttle Position) of ISC Motor Position Sensor
  • 2.0L: runs from pin 4 of Auto-Cruise Control Unit to pin 1 (only pin) of Closed Throttle (Idle) Position Switch

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back