- Ownership Status:
- Currently Own
- Turbo Type:
- Transmission Type:
- Build Type:
- Road Course
- R18 Enkei RPF1 wheels
EVO VIII Steering wheel
EVO VI Recaro seats
- EVO IV Fuel injectors 510cc
EVO III 16G Turbo
- Mods-EMS & Logging:
- None yet
- None yet
- EVO VIII Brakes swap
Stainless steel brake lines
Polyurethane suspension bushings
- Parts Wishlist:
Gauges and wiring
- Mitsubishi Eclipse is one of my favorite cars since childhood. That's why my first car was Mitsubishi Eclipse GS built for EU market. It was 4g63 N/A FWD option. I bought it on 2010. While the model was amazing, the engine was way too weak. I started to look how to improve power, did some experiments with spare engine, but then accidentally bumped into IAAI.com advertisement of 1998 GSX model in poor condition. However most important parts were intact and the plan born to buy it as a donor car for my owned one.
When the donor arrived I understood, that there is no point swapping drivetrain and engine to my owned car as the donor shell condition was way better than my owned car.
I started full restoration of the donor and sold my 9 years owned Eclipse to another enthusiast.
This is short story of long project.
What is done:
1. Full undercarriage restoration, powder coating of moving parts and rubber replacement with polyurethane bushings. Full bottom rust removal, respray with anti-gravel and anticorrosion materials;
2. Full engine compartment restoration, missing component collection, belt change, oil change, start-up;
3. EVO 8 Brembo brakes swap;
Plans and goals:
Finish the restoration project;
Build the engine for approx 400 safe HP to the wheels;
Have a nice daily/trackday car.
Join the Community!DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)