Specs & Mods
- Ownership Status
- Currently Own
- Turbo Type
- Transmission Type
- Build Type
- Frozen boost 11"x13"x4" W2A intercooler, jabsco intercooler pump, custom 4.5gal reservoir, frozen boost dual-pass 24"x8"x2" heat exchanger, -16an fittings & lines, dual 10 inch fans, hallman pro MBC with in cab controller, custom 3" intake, 74mm s90 TB, 3" GM maf directly before TB, ported stock intake manifold, ported 1g exhaust manifold, 3 inch stainless turbo-back exh, ported punishement racing recirculating o2 housing, prothane motor mounts, PS and AC delete, fluidampr harmonic balancer, Fluidyne aluminum racing radiator, Samco radiator hose kit.
- stock rebuilt short block, ARP headstuds, rebuilt Hyundai elantra 1.8 head, 92 tsi cams, 3g revised lifters, Evo 9 Kevlar belt, gates water pump, oem timing components, oem oil pump, ffofh, -4an oil feed with manifold for oil sensors.
- Mods-EMS & Logging
- Stock ECU with add-on eprom board and ecmlink v3, Innovate MTX-L wideband, oil pressure/temp gauge, and boost gauge/shift light, gm IAT in UICP, omnipower 4 bar MAP.
- South bend stage 3 daily clutch kit, competition clutch chromoly flywheel, competition clutch forged clutch fork, -4an braided steel clutch line, symborski solid shifter base bushings, shift cable bearings, dc sports weighted shift knob, welded center diff/VCE.
- Tein s-tech springs, kyb gr2 struts, 2g "swirly" wheels, 225 50 r16, depowered steering rack, megan racing strut bars, EBC outlander rotors/brackets/dual pistons calipers, EBC yellow stuff pads, 3g master/booster, engalls rear camber arms, volk ATE kit, front camber bolts.
- Parts Wishlist
- Coilovers, better race-oriented seats, 8 point cage, better brakes, full auto swap (2g for lockup and street occasions), front half tube chassis, holset t3 turbo setup.
been an automotive technician since 2000, working in various fields. always liked the awd dsm platform, and ran across this one for a good price and rebuilt it from the ground up.
Been driving it as is pretty regularly. Plan to build a g4cs 2.1 or 2.4, auto swap, big turbo, maybe something a bit more interesting.