- Ownership Status:
- I own it
- Turbo Type:
- Transmission Type:
- Build Type:
- Mitsu Big 16g, FMIC w/2.5in pipes, NGR type S bov , 2 piston (big) brakes, Mishimoto radiator, Oil Catch can, FP rewired, A/C and all emissions removed, 3in exhaust after O2 housing (cat del)
- BS eliminate, ARP head studs, FIC 750's, 90 OFH w/air oil cooler, STM throttle body elbow
- Mods-EMS & Logging:
- ECMlink v3lite, 3.5 GM MAF w/ translator, HKS TT, GM IAT, Omni 4-bar, Greddy Elec. BC, Boost gauge, LC-1 w/DB gauge
- ACT 2100 w/RRE flywheel, ss clutch line (slave to hard line), Shifter cable end bearings, Shifter (base) brass bushings.
- Fr strut support, Eibach springs with GR2's in front and AGX's in back.
- Parts Wishlist:
- FP upgrade (190+), afpr, 4 bolt rear, then just keep it clean. More HP always in the back of my mind tho.
- Picked this one up April 2011. Had a 1990 TSI for years before this one that I never really modded much. It was 100% stock when I got it with ~140000 miles on it and drove it to about 165000. 14.9 1/4 mile then eventually it started to feel like it was loosing power. That's when I came across the 1991 Black TSI I currently have. The PO had put a rebuild stock long block and trans in it and then he blew the head gasket after just 3000 miles. Went through everything and brought it back to life!! Installed all my good parts from my 90 talon as well as changing the interior from tan to gray and black except for the dash.
It never seemed to run right though.
A while back the timing belt snapped bending nearly every valve. I made the mistake of trusting the PO when he said he put a new TB on with the new engine. Lesson learned. Just finished the rebuild and after a few hiccups, now its running MUCH better. Working on getting it tuned now and hope nothing else breaks for a little while! :)
Join the Community!DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)