Specs & Mods
- Ownership Status
- Currently Own
- 1992/ Mitsubishi Mirage SE
- Turbo Type
- Transmission Type
- Build Type
- 16g turbo, evo 560cc injectors, diy boost controller, 190 walbro fuel pump, this is what I was initially running but i will have to run a more conservative setup [for smog ref purposes currently running a 14b on 450cc stock dsm blue injectors on a stock mirage fuel pump same as dsm] '02 Toyota Celica bucket seats.
- '92 6 bolt bottom end .20 over npr pistons, arp head studs, kiggly billet hla, bronze valve guides, BC valve springs, balance shaft delete using oem components, head oil port mod, block channels smoothed via die grinder, custom front case gasket mod, king main/rod bearings, new timing tensioner and belts conitech main belt, oem tensioner, prothane motor and transmission mounts, this is basically a mild motor not made for power just durability for smog ref purposes it has a few mods but it's mainly to pass inspection.
- Mods-EMS & Logging
- stock 92 eclipse GST CA spec ecu for ref purposes, I was running dsmlink full version 3, but got to make it legal first. rpm gauge cluster, custom voltage gauge in place of ignition key push start custom wired in.
- competition clutch fork, rebuilt oem master and slave cylinder with restrictor delete, PSI stage 2 clutch pressure plate/disc/TOB, stainless clutch master to slave line from stm tuned designed for 1g 2g evo.
- 3g eclipse brake master cylinder with '07 Hyundai Elantra brake booster, 20mm mirage turbo sway bar with superpro urethane bushings, 3kgt 2 piston calipers front with galant vr4 4 lug rotors, 3SX stainless brake lines designed for a '92 3000gt fwd model were bolt on, running akebono brake pads, Mitsubishi expo knuckles, '93-'95 Hyundai Elantra front lower control arms, with superpro urethane bushings, OZ rally rims 15x6 4x114.3, Yoshifab front adjustable pillow ball upper camber plates, whiteline front strut tower brace, rear brace is an ebay 2g unit bolts in, Miata mod de-powered rack and pinion, with custom electric assisted steering, '88 dodge colt vista beefy inner tie rods paired with '03 Hyundai tiburon outer tie rod ends, .
- Parts Wishlist
- some carpet and some interior components, better exhaust system currently running the restrictive 1.5 pea shooter considering tinting the windows not sure yet, manual seat belt conversion, carbon fiber hatch hood doors roof etc looking into ways to make it lighter and more safe.
I purchased the car back in 2016 for $350, it was not running and needed a lot of love, see my build post on the car, it needed a new distributor, and a tune up it gave me 2 years of 47mpg at best, more often I managed 35-37 mpg on average, the car came with from the factory a 5 speed hydraulic clutch setup, first good news when I looked at the car in person before buying it, some of the basement level base model 3g CSM cars have the cable actuated clutch, and my example came with working a/c to, not bad for what it was, however the poor 4g15 engine was tired and started developing a slipping clutch, so at that point, I deemed it a good excuse as any to go through with the 4g63t swap, during all of my work on the 1.5 engine, I was in the background collecting everything and researching info, on how to make it into a fun 4g63t sleeper, nothing too crazy, just something fun, I ended up doing the swap with a junkyard motor just to see if I could make it all run, I did all the wiring, all the fab work, all the testing was me for the most part, I did look into a few other peoples builds for ideas and reference, but ultimately I did my own thing as time went on, and I ended up buying a few more of these cars and I was hooked on the 3g csm colt/ summit/mirage platform, I have helped many fellow owners over the last 6 years and to this day continue to help them locate parts and info on these cars.
As far as goals for the car, my current plans are to have the BAR inspect and legalize the car for use in CA, so I don't get in trouble with it, I want to do it legit and will share the experience as I go forward I do plan to maybe awd swap the car but I don't know the legality of it in CA, so when I talk with the ref I'll see what I can do.