- Ownership Status:
- I own it
- Turbo Type:
- Transmission Type:
- Build Type:
- Drag Race
- 2g exhaust manifold (ported collector and runners) VHT Coated, JMF exhaust manifold heat shield w/ SS Bolts, 4 layer exhaust manifold gasket, Ported Genuine MHI EVOIII 16g Turbo w/VHT coated TurboLab ported Ebay Chinese 7cm2 hotside & Tial 40mm ex wastegate w/ VHT coated ex dump, Victory Performance 2.5" VHT coated tubular SS O2 housing, turbo back custom Buschur 2.5" exhaust/Hi Flo CATCO cat/pre-cat exhaust cutout, custom turbo oil return line, ETS Intercooler and intake kit with EVO 8 399 MAF & Blox filter, heavy duty TB seals, PCV check valve, Jaz Products Vented oil catch can, 1G DSM shifter with momo shift knob, Autometer Vacuum/Boost Gauge, Nordskog oil pressure gauge, Mighty Max Front Facing oil filter housing, EGR Block, HIR 9011 and 9012 bulbs in "new" 93 housings with Lamin-X custom headlight protectors, fog lamp delete, Walbro 255 lph pump, Fuel Pump Rewire, 1200 cc RCI Injectors, Electronic Fuel Pressure Gauge, PVC check valve. EVO8 rear seats (14 lb. weight reduction), NGK Wires, Sony Aftermarket Radio, Alarm with keyless/turbo timer/remote start, VIS rear bumper cover with no rear bumper, CF hood with vents, Whole Car Plastidipped Belize Green, Non-Turbo/Non-Cruise Control cable for weight savings, Black top CAS, rare no sunroof model, Walmart/Everstart 300 CCA lawn and tractor battery 16lbs 15oz.
- ARP Head Studs, Balance Shafts eliminated, EVO 8 half moon cam seal. Ebay Silicon coolant hoses, SPI oil pan.
- Mods-EMS & Logging:
- Socketed EPROM ECU with Ostrich V2 emulator,
Stutterbox and Check Engine shift light, using RT Tunerpro for tuning. Palm iiic w/mmcd hardwired into car (charges Palm battery too) Innovate LC-2 Wideband O2 with blue gauge
- JDM GVR4 trans from Noyan with Redline MT90-MTL EVO style cocktail (MTL-MT90-MTL), XTD Stage 4 Unsprung Clutch/PP and Lightweight Flywheel, SS Clutch line and speed bleeder, 3 bolt LSD Rear (B17) (3.545) with Redline Heavyweight Shockproof, Redline Heavyweight in Transfer Case. Aluminum shifter cable bushings on Transmission side, JNZ Tuning Pedal Rebuild Kit with Bronze Bushing.
- Sport Edition F2 (Fox 2) (aka Kosei Fox 2) 16 x 7" wheels (20.8 lbs each) with 225/50 Pirelli P Zero Neros, KYB GR2 struts, Energy Suspension Urethane bushings all around, front and rear, AWS delete, Welded Rear Trailing Arms, 1G DSM steering rack running Dexron 6, stock 15 inch rims with Blizzak Rev01's for winter, RMDSM rear swaybar, Powersport Slotted/Drilled rotors and Powersport Ceramic Brake pads, !brake dust shields, SS brake lines, speed bleeders, BG DOT 4 Brake Fluid, aligned to 1g GSX specs
- Parts Wishlist:
- Hoping to really put a head that I have laying around built by Dale Morss (Bogus SVO) on the car along with Cams I grabbed from my Laser. Then I want to run E-85 on the car.
Specs on the head:
Resurfaced 7 bolt 1gb cylinder head (better cooling than 6 bolt 1g head) with 3 angles on the seat + 2 angles on the valves, back cut valves, factory seats, and 6t valves, 1100 BC Springs, Viton Blue seals, oil port mod, and cc'd at 7.6:1
The cams are:
Crower 272's (not Brian Crower) Stage 2 p/n 64413-2
- Purchased this car back in 09. It mostly sits all the time. It gets driven once per week to keep things fresh.
I plan to run this at the 1/8th mile once the local track is completely built. I think that this is a perfect car for the 1/8th with it's poor aerodynamics, stutterbox, and longer 1st gear.
Join the Community!DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)