- Ownership Status:
- I own it
- Turbo Type:
- Transmission Type:
- Build Type:
- K&N Cone, Injen Intake, Full hard pipe intake from turbo to side mount then throttle body, 1G BOV, Deleted some vacuum lines, Optima Yellow top (not pictured). Fr&R nylon tow straps bolted to frame. Fuel pump re-wire 4gauge. New fuel pump (autozone special) new fuel filter. AN-8 on fuel pump hanger to pump, AN-8 90* to larger diameter fuel line. Front bumper and headlights off of a 1997 eclipse. Skate board bearings in shift linkage mod. Full 3" Turbo back, (ebay & STM cat back combination) mishimoto radiator.
- Blew it up not catastrophic but not fun (overheated) and rebuilt head, Bread pan heat shield- literally a bread pan from value village, Driver fan on with ignition mod (currently disabled), Modded Coolant cap +seal http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/coolant-cap-seal-hack.510206/#post-153633394, Red coolant cap cover, Red oil fill cap, Run only 20w50 VR1, Mitsubishi oil filters. Fluidamer pulley. Evo9 80c Thermostat Cut to fit into the DSM housing which is smaller. 450cc Injectors cleaned and flow tested by Mr. Injector. ECM Link V3. ARP head studs.
- Mods-EMS & Logging:
- ELM327 OBD2 reader BT - Torque on Android
ECM Link V3
AEM Falisafe AFR gauge with logging
- Replaced master and slave clutch cylinders, bled system and high temp brake fluid. Old Amsoil Synchromesh Transmission Fluid 5W30. Now royal purple max gear 75w 90. Napa front axels, Napa front carrier bearing.
- Motegi MR116 Rims 17", Cross Dril slotted rotors /ceramic pads, Winter tires ipike studded random 17" silver rims.
Front upper strut bar (ebay) works.
Rear dc sport upper sway bar.
Koni yellows, Ground control, Japan lower control arms, new tie rod ends, rear camber correction, fresh alignment.
225/45/17 Riken Raptors
Actual readings on laser printout after alignment within spec
Front camber: -1.7 & -2.1
Rear camber: -1.6 & -1.8
- Parts Wishlist:
- Have -Magnetic oil drain plug waiting for the next oil change.
Have -14b waiting to go on.
Have -ECM Link -(needs installed)
Have-AEM Afr failsafe gauge -(needs installed)
DONE- Fix fuel line issue (has a kink in it)
Need - Replace one rear wheel stud
Done - Replace both front axels and carrier bearing
Done - Resurface rotors and pads
Done - fix transmission rattle
Done - valve cover gasket and clean pcv
Done - mishimoto rad, oem themostat
Done - custom water lines.
- Bought it burned out and ready for a scrap yard as the next step. Replaced wiring harness, sensors and all intake plumbing. Its been wrecked at least once I know of and lost compression twice. :) gotta love DSM's
Goals are just to be a nice drivers car that's decently quick. Not looking to set records just want longer engine life and some passing power.
The turbo has .45AR marked on it, t too small.
Rules I fallow religiously:
Winter - shut off fuel pump, crank car twice (3 sec shot) then turn on fuel pump
Never get into heavy boost until operating temp
Always heavy oil and a mitsubishi oil filter
Always no clutch to start
Join the Community!DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)