- Ownership Status:
- Currently Own
- Transmission Type:
- Build Type:
- Drag Race
- Ported Evo3, Custom 3" straight piped exhaust, 3" FMIC w/ custom 2.5" hotside & 3" coldside, Dejon Tool TB elbow & J-pipe, Megan catch can, Mishimoto coolant reservoir, 8mm Accel plug wires.
- Balanced rotating assembly, balance shafts delete, ARP rod & mains, ARP head studs, MLS head gasket.
- Mods-EMS & Logging:
- GM MAF, AEM wideband sensor & gauge, Greddy boost gauge, Halman boost controller.
- Solid shift bushings
- 2G 16" GST wheels
- Parts Wishlist:
- Standalone EMS(tuned for race gas & lots of boost), drag radials, tubular front end, aluminum radiator, race seat, ball bearing GEN2, race in/ex manifolds, new engine harness simplified an as hidden as possible.
- This was my 1st DSM I bought in 2006. Since then I've had many other DSM's that have come and gone in my life, but this one always remains. It's my "forever" car. The one when you get, you tell yourself THIS is the one I will never get rid of and put all my time and money into. If it wasn't for this car falling in my lap by chance back then I would have never known of how great these cars are and would probably be still drifting 240's around my neighborhood or playing with 5.0 foxbody's.
At this moment ( Feb-02-2020 ) I'm planning on reviving the car for the fourth or fifth time from letting it sit in a neglected non-running condition once again. This year it's all about the 28th Annual DSM shootout for me. My hopes are to trailer the car to Ohio for the first time and personally take part of the legendary, one and only, biggest DSM meet/race of all time.
This is strictly a race car build primarily for the drag strip and possibly road racing in the future. The car is stripped down and as light as possible with no AC, power steering, sound dampening, emission equipment, interior, or any other unnecessary original comfort option. It has gone through a 1Gb front end conversion in the past ( which I now regret doing ). A rebuild the engine myself with stock internals circa 2010. Still has good cylinder compression across the board and was pulling hard before I last "long-term" parked it back in 2016.
Once I replace the parts I "borrowed" from this car to put on my other DSM's, I'll have ET times to post and other updates to this profile coming soon including race footage and pictures of the new upcoming setup.
Join the Community!DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)