The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

General Zeitronix ZT-3 narrowband simulation issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djsniperwolf

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 31, 2011
Hemet, California
Hello all. I am dealing with some strange issues in regards to my narrowband simulation.

I was dealing with a lean condition and knock counts as high as 19 under any boost of 10psi or more. I had some Major exhaust leaks which I have fixed, and figured I would toss in a wideband.

My friend sold me his zeitronix zt-3. Wideband works great, and shows that's I am definitely running lean. The data between my mmcd and the zeitronix logger is off about .6v which is something I want to fix as well. The narrowband is a different story.

My narrowband will sit at 0.1v with the occasional spike to 1.1 on mmcd. I have tried adjusting the switch points with no success.

Is there anybody that has experience with these zeitronix wideband unita? Is there something I am doing wrong? Tired of my car running lean, and this o2 issue is just adding insult to injury.

I have to be missing something here, or the zeitronix unit is toast. I know dsm link can simulate, and it is very tempting. But I would rather use the money to tackle my extreme knock/phantom knock issue first.

Does the zeitronix ground have to be wired into the sensor ground pin on the ecu? Maybe to satisfy some kind of grounding requirement for the o2 sensor? I am grounded to the metal frame under the head unit.

Help please! Contacted zeitronix and they want me to clip the narrowband wire and probe it for voltage, so that is my next quest. But from what mmcd shows, I'm sure it will not output anything.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back