The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Zachary Buschur's 2G build, next generation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The first time to the track this year and the lot was packed I only got to run 2 times in the 7 hours I was there. My first pass was a 13.89 @ 105 I braked torqued it to 2800 and had a 2.4 60 foot. The next pass a had a 2.3 60 foot and a 13.9 @ 102 so I exceeded my goals, I'm very happy. Now I just need to get those 60-foot times down. I put together a really cool video from everything done so far I'll get it up on YouTube Monday and put up a link.

Here's the video

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z26Ryvo41jg[/ame]

You've got 13.1-12.8's in that car exactly how it sits, just gotta build more boost off the line. That turbine wheel probably isn't going to spool up on the stock 2G converter, or you may have to let it sit there for more than a few seconds than you were doing. Great progress though!

You've got 13.1-12.8's in that car exactly how it sits, just gotta build more boost off the line. That turbine wheel probably isn't going to spool up on the stock 2G converter, or you may have to let it sit there for more than a few seconds than you were doing. Great progress though!

It will only go to 3k before the brakes don't hold. It takes a long time to get there

It will only go to 3k before the brakes don't hold. It takes a long time to get there

Ah yeah. If you don't want to hook up a vacuum pump, try this. Put the car in the staging lights, and put the car in neutral. Give it two or three quick revs while pressing the brake pedal as hard as you can. You'll feel it sink lower to the floor. Put it back in gear, brake torque it until you get the PSI you want, and be sure the entire time to RIP the e-brake. It'll hold, but barely. It'll feel like a caged animal, which it is. Drop the ebrake, let go of the brake pedal and hold on.

Hooking up an audi vacuum pump and getting a restalled TQ will help a ton if you want to launch when the light turns green, as will enabling 2-step at the proper RPM so that it doesn't pull through the brakes on you.

I'm 100% sure your dad already knows this though. Lol, so I'm just peeing in the wind here, but hey..I like spreading knowledge. :p

I ran a new best of 13.30 @109 with no changes other than adjusting the waste gate arm and driving without a passenger. That same day I ran 13.6 @111. I also raised the tire pressure to 41lbs to get it roll easier. I was bracket racing that day. In the first round I dialed a 13.45 but the car wouldn't go into 3rd gear with the car in drive. I bounced it off the rev limiter then lifted, then it shifted. So I think I'm going to leave the car how it is and either get a 5-speed or and evo.

has car for 4 months and already wants an evo y not just give the trans a slight build and enjoy a car a normal teenager car afford or sell it and go find a manual car

I think a simple converter swap would improve the E.T.'s and fun factor drastically..don't be too quick to give up, man. Rebuild it with the kiggly front clutch, the IPT end-clutch kit, throw in a shift kit and restalled converter and it'll be fun on a bun! (Always wanted to say that)

I think a simple converter swap would improve the E.T.'s and fun factor drastically..don't be too quick to give up, man. Rebuild it with the kiggly front clutch, the IPT end-clutch kit, throw in a shift kit and restalled converter and it'll be fun on a bun! (Always wanted to say that)

I just personally don't like the auto. I want to be able to shift it, with the clutch, and not have to rely on a comuter to hopefully do it for me. I've been looking and I've seen evo from 10k-18k range plus I could buy a broke one and fix it pretty easy. I like my car but I don't want to have to deal with a loose converter for daily driving.

Zach I have a sinister speed weighted 8" core 2 in my auto and can stall 5k+ easy all while driving like a stock converter on the street ;) :thumb:

before you get down about the auto, I would try a new converter and step up the brakes so you can hold the car back. It literally is like driving a whole new car when you have the right converter for your setup.... with my 20g at 22-23psi I was running 12.81@108 so you easily have a mid to low 12 second car being you trapped almost 4mph more than me and couldnt build your boost off the line. Once I was able to stall my car past 4k rpm my 60' times went from 2.2 down to 1.77, so if u were able to build boost at the line you will be able to cut almost a full second off your 1/4 e.t.

Sorry I haven't posted anything for the last few months or so. I sold my 2g to get an evo 8 (that I bought about a month after I sold the 2g) back in May. The person who now has it has kept it the same way I had it so far. He wants to do the transmission and put a boost controler and maybe cams on the car. He told me the car still runs great and he's had no problem driving it around and taking it to the track a few times. He's already put enough miles on it to have to do an oil change! I gave him a link to this page in hopes he can continue the build on the car

Zach had just given me the link to this thread to continue it. I'm the new owner of his 2g, and I do plan to continue some building on it. However, with a fast food job it will be a while before I can do the things I want to it. I've only done maintenance on it and put my stereo in it for now. The first time at the track was Quaker with zero experience. I ran a 15 second in the 1/4 had no idea what I was doing. Haha at magnolia 1/8th I took my 1/8th down by a full second getting 9s in the 1/8th consistently. I'm still learning as I go on with this car, and it's been an interesting 5 months so far. Hopefully by the time the track opens again I will be able to get my times down more and more mods. There's no telling what the future is to hold for me with this 2g, but I'm ready for the ride!

I think I was at magnolia the same day. I didnt see you make many passes though. I kept trying to catch it make a pass but never got to. Im not a big fan of magnolia but I go there to work on launch/60 ft times since its so close. You got a nice car, itll come together in time. Good luck!!

Yeah, it's the closest 1/4 track to me. Haha I plan to go back and run there again hopefully with a lot better times than the first time ;). Haha magnolia 1/8th was a pretty nice drop in time. I'm pretty inexperienced with dragging, but I'm giving it what I got.[DOUBLEPOST=1414635674][/DOUBLEPOST]Fastfred, I saw a black eclipse like one car in front of me when I was in line probably was you. Haha and yeah I went to magnolia to try to work on my launching. It's only about 10 mins from where I live, so that's why I went there. Thanks man!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back