The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Zachary Buschur's 2G build, next generation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zach, you could always have someone bench flash an ecu with speed density for you if you want something to use for "right now" until you get the learining curve down, I'm not sure if your dad has the Open Port 2.0 flash cable or not but the Evo stock ecu uses the Open Port 1.3 cable which wont work on the 2g flashable ecu.

Zach, you could always have someone bench flash an ecu with speed density for you if you want something to use for "right now" until you get the learining curve down, I'm not sure if your dad has the Open Port 2.0 flash cable or not but the Evo stock ecu uses the Open Port 1.3 cable which wont work on the 2g flashable ecu.

I found out that I'm getting a 20g from FP. We flashed the stock computer after I upgraded my injectors,fuel pump ,and ported the intake. I just wasn't sure about speed density on the stock computer.

Nice:hellyeah:. If your looking for a brand new 6H wheel or external O2 setup for it , let me know, but either way it should be a pretty fun setup;).

Woo hoo! 20g FTW!

Was the shift box ever installed? If not the kiggly mod, full line pressure, TCU delete, and b&m pro ratchet shifter would be a nice substitute... Wot gear changes with no boost drop off with manual shifting!

Nothing was done to the trans yet. We orders a shift kit but didn't put it in yet. Before I go crazy with anything I want to drive the car. We have a ratchet shifter in the Badbish and I don't know if I want to have to shift the car with a shifter like that for a daily driver.

The shift box is way more daily-able. Especially with the switch installed going back and forth between manually shifting it and having the tcu take over for a nice relaxing cruise

I think I'll end up getting the shift box. I wasn't able to Dyno the car because the computer on he Dyno wasn't working. I didnt want to wait ( I'm inpatient) for the Dyno so I'll get result after this round of upgrades. The computer on the Dyno is fixed now.

Welcome! You will love the 20g on the street. Car looks great!

I got my turbo today (20g, FP54 turbine wheel, FP8cm turbine housing with internal actuator 14psi.) I am super excited to get it on my car but am taking my time to make sure it is perfect. I got to the shop from school and ported it then cleaned it and put the turbine housing back on the turbo. This week we have to do water/oil lines then she's ready to bolt up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 157
I'm glad Robert hooked him up with my old school favorite turbo! My original DSM, the one that put us on the map and currently sheppards car, ran the TD05H 20G on it back then. The car back when it was a legit street car ran 10.72 at 131 on that turbo and that was some OLD technology for the entire car back then. This should be plenty of turbo for his project for it's entire life.

You are doing great work on the car and this thread Zachary, proud of you.

I've been neglecting the forum for a while but I've finished up everything on my car earlier this week. We were going to start it but My dad couldn't find a sd map that would work in my car or the option to change it so.... I am putting a evo 8 ecu in the car that came out of the Bad Bish. I have the old one almost out then I have to repin the wires. And put the new one in.

Last edited:
Today we got one step closer to getting the car done we put a shift kit in the transmission, filled it with oil and replaced the filter so everything is done under the hood, all fluids are topped off. I just have to swap the computer and put the facia back on. It should be running by next week. I'm really excited to finally drive it after all this hard work!

I got the evo 8 2004 rs computer in my car and it started but now the abs light is flashing. Is the abs tied in with the ecu? After I swapped it because the evo is non-abs will my car also be non-abs?

I got the evo 8 2004 rs computer in my car and it started but now the abs light is flashing. Is the abs tied in with the ecu? After I swapped it because the evo is non-abs will my car also be non-abs?

I believe the abs ecu is separate from the engine ecu, but I'm not sure if it can be affected by the engine ecu. :hmm: Maybe a good place to start would be to check the abs code as seen here. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...-reading-2g-abs-diagnostic-trouble-codes.html

The 2g abs ecu will be under the carpet on the passenger's side where the passenger's feet would go... I just removed my ABS ecu, ABS module and ABS brake lines on my 2g awd talon which took about an hour. If you unplug the abs ecu it should get rid of your light flashing in the dash (havent started my car yet so not 100% for sure but common sense would tell me if there is no abs ecu to turn the light on then it shouldnt be on if u remove or unplug it)

The abs problem has seemed to fix itself I drove the car today and the light was off. On a second note that turbo and car Combo feels nasty. It build 19 pounds of boost at redline. ( spring is set at 14lbs) I can break torque it to 3k and shift it with the shifter or put it drive and let the car do it. Big thanks to Robert @ fp for the turbo and to my awsome father for all the help. I'll have a video up in the next few days of the progress so far.

The abs problem has seemed to fix itself I drove the car today and the light was off. On a second note that turbo and car Combo feels nasty. It build 19 pounds of boost at redline. ( spring is set at 14lbs) I can break torque it to 3k and shift it with the shifter or put it drive and let the car do it. Big thanks to Robert @ fp for the turbo and to my awsome father for all the help. I'll have a video up in the next few days of the progress so far.

Good deal Zachary! :cool: Glad to hear it is working out for you. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back