The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Young gun 98 GSX 500-600awhp street monster!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your build is very, very similar to the one I'm doing now. Although I'm going to run the hx40 in the bolt on housing for a while and see how it will do.

Good stuff but i would have gone with an ets fmic

If i wasn't running water injection along with my FMIC i probably would have, but with the water injection plus the VSRF FMIC will be colder than any ETS fmic out there.

7"exhaust_tip;153363016 said:
Your build is very, very similar to the one I'm doing now. Although I'm going to run the hx40 in the bolt on housing for a while and see how it will do.

I was going to go with the bolt on housing also, but then decided since I'm going 2.3l anyways the ,70ar will probably spool like a 2.0 with bolt on housing so it's worth the extra top end.

Here is a picture of the old engine/trans and turbo setup out of the car. The only things staying the same are the head and basics like alternator, thermostat, etc. New shortblock, new trans, new turbo and intake setup all just waiting to be put together and dropped in!
IMG_1457_zps3bd70306.jpg

Last edited:
My FMIC from VSRF just came in and I can honestly say I'm very impressed with the quality. The price is unbeatable for the quality you get so thumbs up to VSRF on their kit! Also on Monday i ordered my wally 450 (for e-85) and got it plus the install kit for $170 so that is one of the last parts i need before the build is finished! My straight cut gear set for the oil pump also came in so one more set of parts that allow me to have piece of mind when I'm pushing the car to its limits.

While i was at it i decided to bolt up my tial bov for fun to see how it'd look and I'm pretty happy with how it'll look once installed.

IMG_3370_zpsbdba27a4.jpg

IMG_1512_zpsb65bbe4d.jpg

Looks good man, keep them updates rollin!

My wally 450 (E-85) just came in today and i ordered my Speed Density setup last night! Also, after tomorrow I'll be on winter break so the build can actually begin! Super excited so stay tuned for major updates!

IMG_2806_zps1b8c3849.jpg

Liking that pump, gonna grab my sd stuff and bigger fic's to meet my goals, like the earl manifold too.

My wally 450 (E-85) just came in today and i ordered my Speed Density setup last night! Also, after tomorrow I'll be on winter break so the build can actually begin! Super excited so stay tuned for major updates!

IMG_2806_zps1b8c3849.jpg

Nice. I just picked up one of these bad boys to replace my single Jay racing unit. Heard they will get the job done:p

Nice. I just picked up one of these bad boys to replace my single Jay racing unit. Heard they will get the job done:p

Yah this should be more than sufficient for my hp goals! Especially since I already
re-wired the fuel pump before getting this it should be flowing quite nicely.

Also as of today I am officially on winter break so the updates should be flowing in pretty quickly! Starting tomorrow it is go time and hopefully the car should be up and running within a few weeks! :hellyeah:

Is that pump a plug n play?

You need the install kit for this one because it uses weatherpack connectors for the E85 variant.

one question if you guys don't mind, what is a good choice of FMIC for a 2g eclipse?

one question if you guys don't mind, what is a good choice of FMIC for a 2g eclipse?

depends on your horsepower goals! For the majority of people a solid kit like the VSRF FMIC kit is more than enough. ETS is a very good company but also quite expensive and would be overkill on most setups. I chose the VSRF because of the price and quality but also because i will be running water injection along with it so i have absolutely no worries about high intake temps. :hellyeah:

Okay parts update rotating assembly is back from the machine shop from being balanced, N/T oil pan has come in, Jay Racing Alternator Relocation kit has come in along with Speed Density.

Now as far as work is concerned the FMIC is installed and i thought i would provide some before and after pictures of how it was sitting before the install. Also spent a ton of time prepping the block for paint so it'll look brand new just like everything else! :hellyeah:

Also tomorrow begins engine assembly so within a week it should be put back in and the car should be fully operational in the next few weeks! :hellyeah:
Before:
IMG_2352_zps24cfc4dd.jpg

After:
IMG_2389_zps3f38de23.jpg

Engine Before:
IMG_2408_zpsedef4f0d.jpg

After:
IMG_2410_zps5bab0178.jpg

Nice build! I think the intercooler choice is fine for what your looking to make. Ive been 9.22 with a half ass pass in a 3100lb car with a similar intercooler. If your goals were north of 700whp then a ets unit would probably be a good idea.

Nice build! I think the intercooler choice is fine for what your looking to make. Ive been 9.22 with a half ass pass in a 3100lb car with a similar intercooler. If your goals were north of 700whp then a ets unit would probably be a good idea.

Yah I think ill be more than fine with this intercooler. Alot of people saying the contrary aren't taking into account the fact that I'm also going to be running water injection on this setup

Looks really good! Excited to see the finished product!

Thanks man! I can't wait to finally have it all together ! LOL

Okay so engine assembly started today with double and triple checking clearances for the crankshaft which luckily made it within spec! Installed my ACL race main bearings, ARP main studs, Eagle forged 100mm crank, and Kiggly Main girdle! Hopefully tomorrow i can get the rest of the rotating assembly done as well so i can swap in the engine this weekend!

IMG_2429_zps1e229a40.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back