The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

x2 93 Eagle Talon Race Car's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91tsitalon55

Probationary Member
May 21, 2011
Seattle, Washington
Hello DSM community! Im excited to finally start my own build journal after seeing almost everyones on this forum. After having 3 DSM in my name I was encouraged to begin this journey. First off I wanted to explain how I came across my 3 DSM's :thumb:. It all started about almost 4 years ago when I got a 1991 black 1ga from a local guy on craigslist and about 6 months into having it I was forced to sell it :notgood:. Further on about 3 years later I came across a clean panda 1gb with a 6 bolt with some goodies on it (3in exhaust, small 16g, evo 560s, 190 wally, FMIC, dsmlink v3, ext) I kept this one garaged and worked on wiring issues it had and finally got it running.

Next the JACKPOT came! :hellyeah: I came across a member on here in the local foums and there was a deal I could not pass up! Heres what I got:

Caged 1gb Tsi awd
First was this beauty with a decent roll cage in it w/ a built shortblock (Weisco/ Eagle combo) only about 350 miles on it (NEEDS CLEANED LOL.

Other goodies:
.70 AR Garrett turbo
FMIC w/ short route piping
Magnus intake w/ accufab throttle body
Nos direct port system (Would like to sell :hmm:)
light weight seats w/ harnesses
Wally 255

Blue 1ga eclipse Gs-t
This bad boy came running already (somewhat rough) but it had a ported 1g head intake and exhaust port matched with the magnus intake, also had HKS 272s. It has a stock rebuilt bottom end (Looks Fresh!)

Other goodies:
Supra SMIC w/ hardpiping and apexi bov
Looks to be fresh 14b
electronic boost and oil gauges
Wally 255

Everything else that came with this part out
Aeromotive AFPR
Some stainless fuel lines
Brand new gr2 front stuts
1g eprom socketed ecu w/ DSMlink
Ton of other great stuff, very appreciative of this guy for hooking me up.

Build plans
I have so much plans with these cars. Im actually planning on selling the blue 1ga eclipse to fund the other two 1gs. Since the green 1gb was already caged and had the seats and harnesses I plan on making this my "Race car" or main focus. Since it was sitting for quite some time there is some surface rust and really old coolant inside still, so a hot tank and clean should be taken care of. Also Im gonna throw new bearings and put in all ARP hardware with a main girdle. Then the ported head from the 1ga eclipse will be getting all new valves and springs ext, and put on this short block. Also will throw the intake setup I have on this head. As far as the white 1gb goes I might just throw in the motor from the blue eclipse in it with a spare head I have and make it into my 16g daily around 350hp.

Caged 1gb Race car plan:
My hp goals for this car is around 550AWHP
My setup includes:
Built bottom end
.70 AR Garrett turbo
1250cc FIC injectors
Greddy bov
Tial 38mm Wastegate
Not sure what exhaust manifold to get?:hmm::hmm:
255 wally
Aeromotive AFPR
Stock fuel rail
-6 an fuel lines w/ fuel lab filter
port matched 1g head with magnus intake w/ Mustang throttle body
Hks 272
Short Route FMIC
1g dsmlink v3
Speed Density 4 bar Mitsu-style MAP sensor, GM IAT sensor
Drive train not yet decided

Panda 1gb Tsi AWD plan:
My plan with this one is to hit around 350hp to the wheels
Small 16g
stock bottom end and head
wally 190
1g dsmlink v3
Gm maf w/ translator
680cc injectors
FMIC
evo exhaust manifold
apexi 3in exhaust
Everything else stock

So thats the basic overview of my build any suggestions please let me know or if theres something im missing please state it. Thank you guys for taking a look!
Enjoy

Here are some photos of some of the short blocks and just some parts around my little shop!

Attachments

• Build Journal 1.jpg
    Build Journal 1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Build Journal 2.jpg
    Build Journal 2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Build Journal 3.jpg
    Build Journal 3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Build Journal 4.jpg
    Build Journal 4.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 304
  • Build Journal 5.jpg
    Build Journal 5.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 283
  • Build Journal 6.jpg
    Build Journal 6.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 283
  • Build Journal 7.jpg
    Build Journal 7.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 100
  • Build Journal 8.jpg
    Build Journal 8.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I have nearly every part for both builds so it shouldnt be too bad on the wallet. Just need gasket kits and timing belt kits to get them going.

Should be a fun one

And here I was thinking I was one of the only ones with a garage full of dsm parts...... but my garage is slightly mord messy.
Looks like you have one hell of a good start man.

Thanks man I appreciate it. Yeah its a bit overwhelming with all the parts in my garage LOL! But this is gonna be a fun one.

I will have some more pics posted soon on some more of the progress.

Im also considering welding in a fuel cell and the JMF was to small in my opinion at only 7 gallon. But I found this one on Jegs that was 15 gallons, does anyone have any experience with it?

JEGS Performance Products 15333 JEGS Aluminum Fuel Cells - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

So this week me and the buddies got busy and started sanding and cleaning the engine bay. Wasnt sure what color to paint it so I just went ahead and did whats gonna be the easiest to clean. So black it was, I used the Hammered Rust-oleum black which actually ended up looking pretty good. Heres the first two layers:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back