The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

420A Wont fire...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkdlyfe

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2016
Summer feild, Florida
Alright so my car is now stranded at a gas station over night due to the fact i drove a good 30 miles perfectly fine then noticed that my gas light came on at quarter tank so i pulled into a gas station and put gas in it and tried to crank it and nothing... nothing at all i switched to the wide band eriler today eliminating the factory narrow band completely noticed that it too a extra 2 seconds to fire but fired up perfect when did so but this time nothing i am for sure getting fuel 50psi and for sure getting spark.... what is causing this? i need to move my car its a good 30 mins from home and dont have a locking hood has hood pins normally in the garage lockaed up but now competently open to the engine bay with many mods,,, any ideas? i have the CAS MAP and plugs all with me under warr so imma get them and see how that goes an other ideas? note the car ran perfect and III turnt the car off and will not turn back over i did notice one thing the oil dummy light sensor has been severed (green plug with one yellow wire) that has been disconnected forever so dont think it really matters but i did notice that

***update***
got the car moved and running after towed home, so i have good compression, i have spark, i have power to the rail, and im on time, those are all now ruled out. now i tired starter fluid .. fired up right away no problem but now second you turn it off once again will not turn back over, spray more keeps running like nothing was wrong with it ,, i did notice this when first turnt on the pressure of the rail goes right to 45 but then drops the second the pump is off is this why the car dosnt want to turn over by its self ?

So it won't CRANK? Only when you spray it with starter fluid??. Can you do a fuel FLOW test? Jump the fuel pump and see if it flows fine. Could you just have a plugged filter? Just questions.

i just hardwired the pump making it stay on while i crank unlike before i only filled the rail (pressureing the rail) and turning off but even with the rail having a constant flow it still dont seem to wanna start so even with 50 psi of fuel on the rail still wont start....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back