The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G wiring issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh kessel

Probationary Member
Feb 12, 2017
jacksonville, North_Carolina
I recently bought a 97 eclipse gsx and it barely ran on two cylinders. I have got it running good but it will only run if I remove the anti theft fuse, and also if I hit the horn it will go off and not stop going off, and the horn also goes off when I turn the headlights on and the only way to make it stop is to unhook the battery.

My first action would be to take a multimeter to the driver's side fuse panel wiring. Try checking continuity between separate circuits (headlight circuit have continuity with the horn circuit? there's the short). I've found that wires with damaged insulation always seem to find other such wires.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back