The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Wire Tuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oh shit thats a really nice engine bay OMG, this is the first time i see a wire tuck on a eclipse... is there a thread on how to do this??? i would love to have a clean engine bay.. oh thnks 4 the pic RSTARE...

No, there is no "how to" thread that I'm aware of.
The owner of the above car is using MegaSquirt as a complete standalone EMS, so it's not possible without some extreme modification.
He even relocated things such as the coolant resivour and the fuse box (which would be quite a task, I assume). He also has the power steering and A/C removed.
Quite a few of the things that are used inconjuntion with the stock ECU are no longer used when MSnS is setup for a complete standalone. So, they as well can be removed.

Most people that do 'wire tucks' hack their stock harnesses, they don't relize how important proper engine wiring is, this is a EFI system, not a carb'ed engine. Keep the stock harness, don't hack it up, or extend this, shorten that.. I wouldn't do anything other then a proper custom milspec harness.

Most people that do 'wire tucks' hack their stock harnesses, they don't relize how important proper engine wiring is, this is a EFI system, not a carb'ed engine. Keep the stock harness, don't hack it up, or extend this, shorten that.. I wouldn't do anything other then a proper custom milspec harness.

you should subscribe to my thread... dont be scared to push the limits of your ability, i feel true advancment by doing so. and also.. im sure if the harness doesnt work after u can always find another stock one somewhere...

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/app...re-tuck-brake-line-tuck-engine-bay-shave.html

You don't need to hack your engine wire harness apart to do a good wire tuck. If you do it combined with eliminating your emissions stuff, it's pretty easy. I've done two of them. All it involves is moving things around to be hidden, I didn't cut any wires. It just takes some time and patience.

You don't need to hack your engine wire harness apart to do a good wire tuck. If you do it combined with eliminating your emissions stuff, it's pretty easy. I've done two of them. All it involves is moving things around to be hidden, I didn't cut any wires. It just takes some time and patience.

True That I tucked my 420a alittle bit.. NIce hood prop Amit.. I can't believe your hood closes with your afpr

hey esi are you running a manual steering box that you might of gotten made? i have a msns as well and my bay is tucked as well like yours i just dont know where to have a manual steering box made do you know by chance.

.. I can't believe your hood closes with your afpr

It doubles as a engine bay light activator :p

Let's see I think Zac (slo2g (?)) on here has done one. And there are others who have.

Imo, its nutso, retard strength patience to do something like this. I just ain't got it :coy:

MB

It doubles as a engine bay light activator :p

Let's see I think Zac (slo2g (?)) on here has done one. And there are others who have.

Imo, its nutso, retard strength patience to do something like this. I just ain't got it :coy:

MB

Still working on it Mark, trying to get the expendable income to order up the the aviation connectors, I have a LOAD of TXL wire that I'm using for the engine harness(MS) and its what I also used to extend the fuse box, I think I'm around 300 bucks just in wire. I'll snap a pic of it tomorrow night to show current progress...

Ok, said pictures....and remember, I'm still in progress on it. Going to test it all tomorrow sometime. Then I can start on the actual engine harness, the engine harness will be able to be tucked and hidden by the motor and what not. Then I get to pull the motor out and get it prepped and put together. During that time I'm going to "shave" hopefully the engine bay and remove the rear heat/sound barrier on the firewall and weld up some holes and what not. Then comes paint, anywho here are some pictures....
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Also rerouted the LONG ASS clutch line(kit from STM) since I had so much line and ran it through the frame, I will cover it to prevent chaffing with some vac line or something and hide it as much as possible too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back