The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Wire Tuck [Merged 7-9] tucks tucking wiring tucked

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Started my wire tuck today and the only confusion is how do you guys mount the coil pack next to the intake manifold? could i use the main bracket or do you have to make your own custom bracket?

got lots of info from this gonna do a lil bit of a tuck when i pull the head to replace the head gasket and install arps. as well as eliminate p/s and ac and relocate alternator

I dont understand why the bundle runs from the ecu to the passenger side of the car, then across the firewall to the other side.

I dont understand why the bundle runs from the ecu to the passenger side of the car, then across the firewall to the other side.

I am in the process of doing a wire tuck with mil-spec connectors. My inquiry is if there is any negative impact in moving the noise condensers to the interior of the car? As of right now I am planning on moving the injector resistor pack, power transistor, noise condenser, and the defrost relay to the interior to keep the bay as clean as possible. Any info would be very much appreciated.
-=Chris

I am in the process of doing a wire tuck with mil-spec connectors. My inquiry is if there is any negative impact in moving the noise condensers to the interior of the car? As of right now I am planning on moving the injector resistor pack, power transistor, noise condenser, and the defrost relay to the interior to keep the bay as clean as possible. Any info would be very much appreciated.
-=Chris

No it will not affect anything, just make sure that the surface is unpainted where is gonna mounted.

No it will not affect anything, just make sure that the surface is unpainted where is gonna mounted.

Excellent, I am going to be making an aluminum bracket to mount the resistor, transistor, and condensers with a linked ground running from the motor->bracket->Battery to make sure everything has a good solid ground. Thanks for the help :rocks:

Last edited:
Started this while back, harness is done, jst need a fmic and turbo feedline but heres a pic.(havent really touched it in like 2months)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363285681657.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363285681657.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 241
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363285742986.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363285742986.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 257
just moved some things around. The wiring harness in these things is horribly routed.

before
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

after

Last edited:
Excellent, I am going to be making an aluminum bracket to mount the resistor, transistor, and condensers with a linked ground running from the motor->bracket->Battery to make sure everything has a good solid ground. Thanks for the help :rocks:

No need to run a ground to the negative terminal on the battery. Just ground the battery to the chassis and the chassis will be a good enough ground.

I'm doing similar with an aluminum bracket to hold the resistor and transistor. It'll mount under the dash out of the way.

Not sure if I've post any of my pictures here so here we go.

My almost finished engine side harness. Since this picture I've added my alternator plug back in (running a Saturn alternator though), boost gauge wire, etc.

Interior side, still needs a good bit of work.

Blurry shot of what the finish product will look like minus some parts.

I know it is not a DSM but here is our shop Evo that I tucked. All vacuum lines minus the Wastegate are inside the car behind the dash along with the Engine bay fuse box and Engine wiring.

Much better. :hellyeah: That first pic was a disaster.

but damn how close is that o2 to the mani? Might want to throw some heat wrap/reflective tape around that thing.

Someone pays close attention...

Much better. :hellyeah: That first pic was a disaster.

but damn how close is that o2 to the mani? Might want to throw some heat wrap/reflective tape around that thing.

It has reflective tape on it in the pic the sheath it is on just slid more towards the plug side of the harness. I plan on getting more heat wrap and reflective tape. Definitely needs some more work i only re routed the harness that ran across the intake manifold and eliminated/ hid some other things. Just got a PTT twin disc for it so when i pull the tranny i might tackle some more of the wire harness..

I just repainted my engine bay and wanted to drop my engine harness out of the line of sight and was wondering how low can I drop it w/o worrying about plugs not reaching? I was thinking down to around the water inlets are for the heater. I am not running a/c or heat in this car. Also my 02 sensor is relocated to my DP behind the motor.

You really won't know what needs to be extended until you move it.

That said, I shortened all my wires on my engine harness with my tuck. The chassis harness, I will likely have to extend.

I got my push lock fittings for my vacuum lines today, man are these things sweet!

Don't mind the coil pack there, was just testing, COP is getting re-wired and dknt mind the orielys motor oil..that's for the pos Honda LOL. Here she is though pretty much done. Just need paint my valve cover and install my radiator

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365896909932.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365896909932.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 181
hopefully this gets answered fairly soon! im relocating my battery to the trunk tonight and this will determine whether i save 50$ or not.. i have 8gauge wire that i want to use to relocate. i have deleted my AC, my cruise control, my emissions stuff, and i have no radio or speakers in my car. basically the only thing i need my battery for is to start and keep my car running.will the 8 gauge wire be big enough to work?

Since a few of the posts are years old it seems a lot of the pictures have been moved (no longer working). Just wanted to get some ideas on how folks are running the wiring to the engine bay. I saw one post where the 2" hole was drilled by shifter cable on the firewall, and also have read where others have run them from the driver/passenger side fender plugs. Seeing if there are an other ideas since I am jumping into this myself soon.

I actually picked up a spare ECU harness, so I can start deleting/de-pinning what I no loner need. The front engine harness/body harness I still have to pull since I made a boo boo when removing the ABS ECU and that section of the harness.

Unless you are doing a cannon plug on the fire wall then there is no need to drill above the shifter cable.
I would certainly route all the head light, turns/markers, horn, reverse switch, etc through the fender wells.

Make a list and decide what you want to go where and then do it, that's what I did.
Check out my build thread and the couple write ups I've done.

Here's mine so far. I need to mount the catch can and put the intake pipe back on, and mount the fuel filter but here's everything plugged in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back