The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Wire Tuck [Merged 7-9] tucks tucking wiring tucked

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heres my most recent...Now what?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my wire tuck. Fuse box where the hvac crap was under the dash. I'll try to get a picture of what it looks like now. I have a new valve cover, installed my jmfabs heat shield and I put my strut tower bar back on.

I placed the fuse block under the intake pipe. You can see it if you look reaaaaal close.

And matt, is there even a harness in your car? Nothing is plugged in.

Lol isn't that the point? To have nothing showing? The only thing not plugged in is the MDP sensor on the top of the manifold which just monitors the emission system from what I was told.

Could you take some closer pictures to show how you routed the wires? Looks good!

Thanks! Some go under the pass. side fender and route in the stock location by the radiator and the rest go through a hole I cut under the intake manifold. I just put the car away for the winter yesterday and getting to the engine bay will be a PITA so next time I work on it, I'll try to get some pictures.

Here's my wire tuck. Fuse box where the hvac crap was under the dash. I'll try to get a picture of what it looks like now. I have a new valve cover, installed my jmfabs heat shield and I put my strut tower bar back on.

mad props this is purely sweet.

I started a tuck on my h22 cb7 but never finished prepping and painting the engine bay i was gona match the valve cover i had done, i just may have to do this to my gsx.. awsome eye candy!

my first attempt on a car with tucking.

tempted to do my gsx this same color since my car is black so that the bay will really stand out. and it'll match my pagen gold headlights.

anyways i didn't mean to get off on a tangent, this thread has reinspired me, so thanx for that!

Mattseclipse and Talonalex, simply awesome work. Very inspiring.

does ANYONE live near wyoming that is willing to help me do a wiretuck on my 1990 talon. i could put the car in your garage and work out something for payments while we do it, or you just come to cheyenne and i will not only pay you, but supply dinner every night LOL

Mine looks a lot like beans holes have been filled, i have the short route set up, instead of the stock smic. I also used wire sleeving from Ballenger, its still a work in progress but the spring she will be done. After my oil spill this summer im going for a clean look and its coming together great.

if i can figure out how to get more pics on hear i will post some pics of our wire tuck and what wires we cut out but keep in mind theres no dash and this is strickly a race car not street car

Its not that hard get a plan made firs take your time label wires, i did mine 2x now but now its just about done trial and error. everything still works, im proud of my work.

Here's my wire tuck.. Now I just need to start cleaning and do some thing with that yellow EGT wire!!

Some very nice engine bay's in this thread, And some good information. I am building one of my many 2g gsx's right now. I will be doing a wire tuck this week. The car was a red 95' gsx. I just finished spraying it 2010' lexus isf ultrasonic blue metallic, (jams/enginebay, ETC), I will be spraying the exterior tomorrow now. I can't wait to finish the wire tuck being I just put down the new color/clear so the enginebay looks like glass in person :)

Thursday:

Just did the paint/clear friday:

Will update this week with the finished..

im just about to start my :strip and tuck:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back