The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Windshield Wiper Cover (Cowl Trim)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redeclipse7782

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 20, 2004
Worcester, Massachusetts
Has anyone ever painted the plastic peice that covers the front windshield wipers? It would be great if they made this in carbon fiber. I am debating on painting this peice either black, or red(the color of my car).

shiftdrift06 said:
I have, I just painted mines black, makes it look newer, LOL. Easy to do, just remove the wipers, and then remove the little plastic clips along the edge.

What can i do if I wanted to paint my wipers but thescrews are frozen in place. No matter how hard i turn the screws, they wont come out. Got any solution to fix that (WD40 didnt help any)? :talon:

The plastic panel should pop up itself, you just gotta pull up slowly. OR are you talking about the nut on the wiper itself? Under the little rubber cup that covers it? I dont remember the nut giving me so much trouble. I guess you could try wd40 or pb blaster.

I did it with mine, and my car is Lambourgini Orange and it looks pretty nice with the windsheild wiper cover painted the same. In fact, my brother liked it so much, he decided to do it to his too. I will try posting an updated pic of it if i get a chance too.

-Alex

Yes please post pics if you have this done, I think it would look good painted the same color as the car, especially with a carbon fiber hood.

I also painted mine the same color as my car... i think it looks pretty good... when it was just black in made it look tacky and most of them get to the point where they looked dried out but it was definetally a plus when I painted it. Dont know if the picture shows it to well but its there.

sorry about that looks like the picture didnt load. here it is

Attachments

• Car Top.JPG
    Car Top.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,259
i say do it red, but make sure it's an exact match, not just a spray can. i did this years ago on my 1G, and i really like it.

Yea im definitely going to have it professionally done the same color as my car, i was just wondering how it would look if i had a carbon fiber hood, but the windsheid cowl painted red, not sure if it would look weird or good.

I decided to shave my whiper blades and im consulting a company now about making a carbon fiber piece to cover the dranage holes and blend with my hood, hopfully all goes well and I can get somthing.

redeclipse7782 said:
Yea im definitely going to have it professionally done the same color as my car, i was just wondering how it would look if i had a carbon fiber hood, but the windsheid cowl painted red, not sure if it would look weird or good.
if you go with a CF hood, keep that piece black. or it may look out of place there if it's red. just my thoughts

Mother's Back to Black!
I used it on mine and it turned my 'grey' sunbeaten wiper cowl to a new OEM black finish. And it lasts too! It's been one year and I haven't had to touch it up yet. I love it! :thumb:

myeagleneedmods said:
What can i do if I wanted to paint my wipers but thescrews are frozen in place. No matter how hard i turn the screws, they wont come out. Got any solution to fix that (WD40 didnt help any)? :talon:

Screw WD40..get some PB Blaster. So much better..

Flash said:
Mother's Back to Black!
I used it on mine and it turned my 'grey' sunbeaten wiper cowl to a new OEM black finish. And it lasts too! It's been one year and I haven't had to touch it up yet. I love it! :thumb:

That's what I use. Although it usually starts fading after a month for me.

Here's what the bottle looks like in case anybody's wondering...amazing how many people don't know about Google Images.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

JUst did mine this weekend. Used black plastic paint from Kryolon worked really nice and looks a million times better, just went ahead and painted the wiperblade arms aswell.

a_scobel said:
Screw WD40..get some PB Blaster. So much better..

That's what I use. Although it usually starts fading after a month for me.

Here's what the bottle looks like in case anybody's wondering...amazing how many people don't know about Google Images.

I just bought it Today at good'ol autozone.. i would have never notcied the dull bottle with out you guys :thumb:

This is something like what your looking for . . .

Does anyone have the CAPS part number for a new wiper cowl?

So what happened? Mother's didn't keep it up to snuff for 3+ years? I got some paint for painting the wiper arms, and I thought about painting the cowl, too, but if I can get it new for $30, it's almost not worth the time and paint to futz with the old one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back